Apply a Factory Reset - (Step by Step with Images)

neostun

Jan 13, 2012
  • can't turn on
  • there is no infotmic logo
  • no three finger factory reset
before succesfully updated my sytabex7 11.2.1.5 with the system update and with the iuw 1.2 with the 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius in winxp
but no more, i tried with xp mode with iuw 1.2 on windows 7 and the firmware finished ok but the tablet, removed otg cable and push reset button, now doesn't turn on

any ideas??

DragonSux

Feb 6, 2012
hello I bought a sylvania tablet in the U.S., model SYTAB7MX,this tablet is with android dg2.20, the problem is that it hangs in the image 'infotmic', does not pass on this.I do not know the keys to recovery mode of this model.I thank

myfirstdevice

Dec 5, 2011
Mr. Frockit,
You obviously did your homework so I can't ask for more. Instead, here's some food for thought.
I broke my resistive touch screen and started mousing about three weeks after getting my SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7.
The OS crashed every hour or so but came back with the reset button.
After about one month, I was advised every 30 minutes that application gmailprocess... had stopped unexpectedly and I was prompted to force close.
Eventually the start up stalled at SYLVANIA.
I tried mousing for factory reset :NG
I tried 4 1K resistors joined radially at one end and contacting each of the for touch screen contacts on the other end:NG

I downloaded something called android_secure from a link near this thread to an SD card:NG
I asked a friend to put the SD card in an android 2.3 device because Windows couldn't identify the properties.
Android 2.3 said android_secure lacks valid signatures, and aborted a re-installation.

I'll report anything interesting.
Thanks for the starter.

svlach

May 25, 2012
Did anyone figure out what combination will force it to look at the sd card to read the system.bin file?

wibble

Jul 22, 2012
model SYNET7LP-DS
android DG2.20
hardware ID 12.7.0.12
firmware ID DG2.2.1-7C3.B5

So after extensively reading through the sylvania tablet section and trying out all of the three-fingered salutes for a factory reset. NONE of them work for this SYNET7LP-DS model. I'm suffering from the SD card problem that many others seem to have, yes I tried FAT-32 formatting. Memory is "full" despite nothing on internal memory.
power-screen-back doesn't work.
power-back doesn't work.
power-back-volumeUp doesn't work
power-menu-back makes it pause on the InfoTmic screen for a long time (1 minute+ ?) and then proceeds onto the Sylvania animation and finishes booting up. pressing other buttons during the InfoTmic screen does nothing.

I've counted at least 5+ issues of this asked in this forum and no one seems to know what is up. So yet another plea for help for this expensive paperweight :/

Aug 1, 2012
Mine won't give me an option for a factory reset...and the pwr button is on top w/the menu button on the side....I keep trying to factory reset it and it doesn't get past the INFOtmic screen. PLEASE HELP! It doesn't read an SD card either

Aug 1, 2012
model SYNET7LP-DS
android DG2.20
hardware ID 12.7.0.12
firmware ID DG2.2.1-7C3.B5

So after extensively reading through the sylvania tablet section and trying out all of the three-fingered salutes for a factory reset. NONE of them work for this SYNET7LP-DS model. I'm suffering from the SD card problem that many others seem to have, yes I tried FAT-32 formatting. Memory is "full" despite nothing on internal memory.
power-screen-back doesn't work.
power-back doesn't work.
power-back-volumeUp doesn't work
power-menu-back makes it pause on the InfoTmic screen for a long time (1 minute+ ?) and then proceeds onto the Sylvania animation and finishes booting up. pressing other buttons during the InfoTmic screen does nothing.

I've counted at least 5+ issues of this asked in this forum and no one seems to know what is up. So yet another plea for help for this expensive paperweight :/

OMG< same here....NOTHING will reset it

dorchante1

Aug 26, 2012
I am trying to reser my 7" sylvania tablet and it is telling me that there is no recovery image is found, try recover from SD, how do I do recovery from the SD?

Sep 20, 2012
I have, 7" sylvania tablet.. i took it 3 days back.The problem is that it is not detecting the micro sd memory card..
If i insert memory card into the slot it says "storage device is safe to remove".
i turn off the tab and inserted the memory card and even the memory card is fat32 formated. The
internal memory is also saying memory full.. i reset it to default. but no us..Even i tried three finger method ..
it dosent work. So kindly help me regarding this. thank you.

Feb 22, 2012
I figured I would post this suggestion/warning in here:

If you have a Sylvania SYNET7LP-DS that can read microSDs then I would advise that you DO NOT FACTORY RESET the device.

I had the same microSD issue with my device and I returned it to the store for a replacement. The replacement I received did not have the microSD issue UNTIL I DID FACTORY RESET ON IT.

johnnyspork

Oct 25, 2012
I figured I would post this suggestion/warning in here:

If you have a Sylvania SYNET7LP-DS that can read microSDs then I would advise that you DO NOT FACTORY RESET the device.

I had the same microSD issue with my device and I returned it to the store for a replacement. The replacement I received did not have the microSD issue UNTIL I DID FACTORY RESET ON IT.

Were you able to hook the tablet up via USB? I can't seem to find the right driver running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Also, is there any way you could send me a copy of the android version you have on your working device? I have the same model and I'm trying to reflash it via USB, since it doesn't get past the infotmic screen at startup, doesn't even get to the sylvania one, and the three finger reset doesn't seem to work on this model.

Thanks in advance, I'm desperate for help, and Customer Service doesn't seem to be too serious about solving this, so I think I'm on my own...

Feb 22, 2012
Were you able to hook the tablet up via USB? I can't seem to find the right driver running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Also, is there any way you could send me a copy of the android version you have on your working device? I have the same model and I'm trying to reflash it via USB, since it doesn't get past the infotmic screen at startup, doesn't even get to the sylvania one, and the three finger reset doesn't seem to work on this model.

Thanks in advance, I'm desperate for help, and Customer Service doesn't seem to be too serious about solving this, so I think I'm on my own...

As far as I can remember it has no issues connecting to my computer (Windows 7 Home 64-bit). I will see what I can do as I have never tried to make a back up copy of a tablet's OS.

johnnyspork

Oct 25, 2012
As far as I can remember it has no issues connecting to my computer (Windows 7 Home 64-bit). I will see what I can do as I have never tried to make a back up copy of a tablet's OS.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate you trying... I've tried to get in touch with the manufacturer and everything, and they've so far been entirely unreachable. Looking forward to hearing back!