apps without the android market

bluefox83

Jan 23, 2011
OK so I see posts all over the place about you can side-load apps into your novel...i've found a few apps and installed them. But where is a good place to find new ones? Like i've lost my barnes and noble nook reader app that i used to read all my pdfs so how do I find that again? whenever i point my browser to an android market page is gives me a 404 not found page. thus I can only assume I can't use the market to get apps...any other ideas? I REALLY want my barnes and noble app back!

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
If you update your unit from the pandigital site you will get a version of android that is quite workable and has a barnes and noble reader OR there is a Nook reader if you just want the reader.

To do apps find one, put it on your sd card etc. as you know. No, you can't use android apps without modding the firmware. Below are some sites to find apps. Others probably if you google for free apk

There are some duplicates in here (need to organize my book marks)

Blackdroid Blackdroid Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform AndAppStore : New Releases List of Applications tested to work - Wiki.ArchosFans.com Phones Android programs: Softonic GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. Free Mobile Apps: Free Apps: Handango CurveFish SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace Download Android Applications, Games, Themes. Android News and Reviews. Android Download Center Free Android Games, Android apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Themes, HTC T-MOBILE G2, G1 Games, Apps, wallpapers, themes - AndroidSoft4u Blackdroid.net - Android Files Repository Please select and Download your File | Android Files Repository Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform AndAppStore : New Releases List of Applications tested to work - Wiki.ArchosFans.com Phones Android programs: Softonic GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. Free Mobile Apps: Free Apps: Handango CurveFish SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace Download Android Applications, Games, Themes. Android News and Reviews. Android Download Center Free Android Games, Android apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Themes, HTC T-MOBILE G2, G1 Games, Apps, wallpapers, themes - AndroidSoft4u Blackdroid.net - Android Files Repository Please select and Download your File | Android Files Repository

bluefox83

Jan 23, 2011
if you use one of the custom roms located in the pandigital section here you will have a working market

Well that would be great if the ROM for my BLACK pdn wasn't in alpha stages! Unless there are some roms out there for it that I haven't seen yet....

blanny431

Jan 13, 2011
If you update your unit from the pandigital site you will get a version of android that is quite workable and has a barnes and noble reader OR there is a Nook reader if you just want the reader.

To do apps find one, put it on your sd card etc. as you know. No, you can't use android apps without modding the firmware. Below are some sites to find apps. Others probably if you google for free apk

There are some duplicates in here (need to organize my book marks)

Blackdroid Blackdroid Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform AndAppStore : New Releases List of Applications tested to work - Wiki.ArchosFans.com Phones Android programs: Softonic GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. Free Mobile Apps: Free Apps: Handango CurveFish SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace Download Android Applications, Games, Themes. Android News and Reviews. Android Download Center Free Android Games, Android apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Themes, HTC T-MOBILE G2, G1 Games, Apps, wallpapers, themes - AndroidSoft4u Blackdroid.net - Android Files Repository Please select and Download your File | Android Files Repository Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform AndAppStore : New Releases List of Applications tested to work - Wiki.ArchosFans.com Phones Android programs: Softonic GetJar - Appsolutely Everything for Nokia, BlackBerry, Android, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, Palm. Free Mobile Apps: Free Apps: Handango CurveFish SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace Download Android Applications, Games, Themes. Android News and Reviews. Android Download Center Free Android Games, Android apps, Android Wallpapers, Android Themes, HTC T-MOBILE G2, G1 Games, Apps, wallpapers, themes - AndroidSoft4u Blackdroid.net - Android Files Repository Please select and Download your File | Android Files Repository
how do you put apps on your sd card? I mean how do you even know where they are going? I have an sd card and I just hope it is giving me more memory? heck I dont know how to check to see what is going where?can you explain it a bit...and try to explain what all the abbreviations mean I dont know sd maa4 itts what is all this?????please explain for some of us that are new thansk very much for the information it really helps too...Kev O I dont even know if you know where to answer this but my name is blanny431 on the forum...it just said 'reply' on your thing there so I started writing there...

techgal

Feb 18, 2011
I have modified and am running Android 2. How can I get market apps. I am new to this and am having fun learning. I was going to buy an ipad, but this "new" pandigital is just good enough for now. TIA