Archos 101 and 70 on the way (if you are in Europe)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
A101it_design_1.png

Those who live in Europe are lucky in the release of the Archos 101 and 70. It is now in the process of being released and delivery. But that is ONLY for Europe. US orders are still on hold. This is according to public and private sources.
No specific reason is given for the US delay. I know this will cause wails and gnashing of teeth for those of us in North America. It was originally to be shipped on or by 11/1. These pre-orders have now disappeared.
Prices do not appear to have changed for either the 70 or the 101. The 70 is still slotted with an 8Gb and 250Gb model. The 101 is fixed with the 8Gb and 16Gb model.
More details to follow...

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Ah, ces français là...
I wanted an Archos 101 because it's going to be released soon. If it won't be release in NA in the beginning of November, I might as well wait just a little bit for the big brand to come out (I heard Acer will be releasing a few tablets in the middle of November).

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Does anyone know a site that ships it to Romania? I really want the 70 but on archos website my country is curently not suported.
Thanks

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The main question is whether or not they will launch with Android 2.2 or 2.1. I also need to see proof that they are Cortex A8. It's still a bit of a mystery before I approve of this...

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
There are no news on how much rom it will have.... critical info before I buy this device though.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
I just got off the phone with a rep at JR.Com and the Archos 101 is due on the 1st of November and will ship to those who pre-ordered them 2-3 days later. Hope this helps those in the US like me that have been in agony waiting for this to come out.

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
Sorry to take so long to respond your question but I could not log in. I didn't ask them about the Archos 70. I contacted the CSR rep today and they (Archos 101) was not in today. The thing I find funny is that they state they will not charge you until it ships. My paypal account was charged Oct 28th, so what gives??? Are they instock or not? Has it shipped or not? Are they teasing me or not? No one seems to know, and no one seems to want to take the initiative to get Archos on the horn and find out. I am going to cancel my order tomorrow since they won't allow me to log in and cancel my order. Archos had their shot an blew it with me. There are other tablets coming out on Black Friday and next month for the Holiday Season with much better features and reputations.

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
So what are the other ones coming out.. I'm curious... Archos was such a big winner for me :(

Just my luck, I find something I really really like, and work towards it, and it ends up... half baked... according to the archos forum, the "next shipment" will be the 11th or 18th. Though, honestly I would wait for amazon.com to have it up.. those that are shippin' in europe are running with 2.1 btw... have fun

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5003.html

The 43 and 28 are now launched, and if remember right from the original announcement in late August (maybe september?), the 101 and 70 are supposed to follow close behind. Can't be too much longer now

I mean, c'mon... how much longer could it possibly be?? :p
I got sick of waiting. I cancelled my order today (even after JR.com offered me free 2nd day air). I have called at least twice a day since Oct 15th (their original release date) and have been disappointed every day since. I honestly gave Archos a shot and waited for 2 months since I prepaid in Aug/Sep. I bet there are a few surprises in the next 2-4 weeks on rumored tablets coming out after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. I figure if Archos is having this much trouble getting things out of final production and to the customers, there are sure to be other "problems" with the archos 101. Anyone remember the Archos 9? Oh, btw, JR.com have very good CSRs. Every time I called they were really polite and apologizing for Archos screw ups. I would like to say "THANK YOU JR.com CSRs!" I will probably buy something from them in the next two weeks just because they were so good and polite to me.

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
Ah, ces français là...
I wanted an Archos 101 because it's going to be released soon. If it won't be release in NA in the beginning of November, I might as well wait just a little bit for the big brand to come out (I heard Acer will be releasing a few tablets in the middle of November).
I have heard a dirty rumor that it will be around Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday) and possibly the Best Buy. I am going to do some research on the web and get an idea and post here again.

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
I have heard a dirty rumor that it will be around Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday) and possibly the Best Buy. I am going to do some research on the web and get an idea and post here again.
Best Buy Rocketfish

Mozzer

Oct 30, 2010
The iPad defined the Tablet market and this Black Friday season Android and maybe Windows powered Tablets will try to sell against the iPad. There will be an onslaught of Android powered Tablets of varying quality. On the high-end you will find the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Toshiba Folio and maybe the Motion.Ink Adam. In the mid-range you will find Tablets like the eLocity A7 and the Archos Android Tablets. On the low-end there will be a ton of $100 Android Tablets with questionable performance (Black Friday 2010 Tablet Deal Predictions - I4U News).

The Acer Tablet PC has been officially announced by the company’s CEO, offering details on price and a release date. That date will be November 23, 2010 – three days before Black Friday – the price will be $299 to $699, depending in size (http://blackfridayinformation.blogspot.com/2010/10/acer-tablet-pc-offical-release-date-and.html).-MY FAVORITE ONE COMING OUT!!!!

Plenty of Tablets At Best Buy This Holiday Season (Plenty of Tablets At Best Buy This Holiday Season)