Archos 101 - What is your board version?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I am curious. Trying to discover if there is a trend between problem A101s and good A101 units.
Tell me what is your Board version
To Discover
Settings-->About ==>scroll down to board version.

I have an A101-V6

What is yours?

Teamflail

Dec 6, 2010
I am curious. Trying to discover if there is a trend between problem A101s and good A101 units.
Tell me what is your Board version
To Discover
Settings-->About ==>scroll down to board version.

I have an A101-V6

What is yours?

Same, running 2.0.71. Running very smoothly now with almost no issues noted!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have a trouble free A101/16 and notice others who have problems which could be hardware and not Firmware. That is the reason for my question.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Sorry, brain disconnect during the original typing. It is an A101IT-V6. I have not had any of the issues that Tipstir or some of the others have had. I am using multiple 8Gb MicroSDs. The standard apps. Latest FW 2.0.71

The one complaint I have which I am trying to make a small cover is the power button. It is very easy to power on with out meaning to. I just wish it had a dimpled area similar to other Archos models. This is my biggest complaint. The capacitive screen once calibrated and you train yourself for the sensitivity, it is very good.

I am also trying to adhoc it to my A5/500 and am not having the luck I desire. I must be missing a step. I just wish I could PAN them together via BT. but 2.1 to 2.0 is not readily compatible.