Archos 7 Android Tablet Preview

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

There is of course an Archos 7 Tablet on the Archos site running on Linux. This new scoop from ArchosLounge points to an Android-based Archos 7 tablet. The specs also indicates a flash-storage device instead of a hard drive one. It should be the same 7-inch 800 x 480 touchscreen tablet with WiFi. The Archos 7 Android comes with a 180 euro price or about 150 British pounds.
It’s not official yet. Read on for the second part of the flyer.
[source]

kpennett

May 22, 2010
So far; I love my New Archos7 home tablet.
I can't find very much in the way of rooting & hacking as of yet though??
I would like to see it running a newer Ver of Android though.

May 28, 2010
Got mine yesterday, so far so good, I just wish Skyfire was as fast as the default browser or Dolphin but with flash, cause none of them support flash but Skyfire for android is still beta so hopefully that will change.

fbales

May 5, 2010
I would like to hear more from actual owners of the Archos 7 Home Tablet. Can you update us with your opinion of your Archos 7? I really want an Android tablet, and I'm afraid of the cheap ones coming out of China. What I really want to know is should I wait? Thanks.

Frank

fbales

May 5, 2010
Is there any word from Archos on whether the OS can be upgraded in the future?

marmstro

Jun 12, 2010
I just spoke to Archos Tech Support and they said that they can't upgrade to Android 2.x becasue Google requires 3G in the device for certification. They are waiting for Google to change their certification standards.