Archos 70 poor battery life

Jason1982

Dec 23, 2010
Hey this has probably been addressed 10,000 times but I dont feel like wading through dozens upon dozens of posts that dont quite hit the mark. The battery life on this thing is terrible. I can literally watch the numbers go down minute by minute. Are there any apps out there or anything to improve the battery life. Or did I just get a defective one? I am estimating the battery life to be 1-2 hours in full use. No where near the 6-10 hours as advertised.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This is covered in a couple of threads. There are two threads that directly relate to this and also is a known issue to be resolved in the next firmware. The main thing is that you search for Darkseider posts or mine. You will find the fix. The other element is to update as stated. Once you do that as instructed, it has fixed it in almost all instances.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I have a friend with the same probs, only running a few hours and needs recharge.: He did this and says it Worked. Now he gets over 7hrs.

Battery life:
I think I have improved the battery life on mine by a considerable amount. I charged the device fully while it was turned on. Then turned it off and plugged the charger back in. It charged again for about 5 minutes. I unplugged it then plugged it back in. It continued charging for about another 5 minutes. I did this several times and eventually it stopped charging. I then spent the next day playing with it on and off and the battery life was great. I had done some internet browsing and installing apps and stuff throughout the day and the battery lasted all day..

Jan 30, 2011
I just purchased an Archos 70 tablet and am having the same issue with battery life. It only lasts 1-2 hours with moderate use. I fully charged it and let it drain completely and have now fully charged it again and am still getting only 1-2 hours.

Did you find the fix? I've searched for it in the archives and cannot find it. If you could repost, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey this has probably been addressed 10,000 times but I dont feel like wading through dozens upon dozens of posts that dont quite hit the mark. The battery life on this thing is terrible. I can literally watch the numbers go down minute by minute. Are there any apps out there or anything to improve the battery life. Or did I just get a defective one? I am estimating the battery life to be 1-2 hours in full use. No where near the 6-10 hours as advertised.

thecoop39

Mar 1, 2011
I took it out of the box and charged it fully as directed in the quick start guide. It gets 6-9 hours of use consistently -- low end of this range with wireless constantly on. I use it mostly for surfing, emails, news-reading, and looking for and installing new apps. Wife steals it (have to get her one, I guess) for constant playing of Angry Birds. I habitually recharge it if I am near an outlet, when it drops below 40 - 50%, just in case I may be away from an outlet. Good and useful tablet.

dallen

Mar 8, 2011
Battery life on mine sucks. It was OK for the first six months or so but now it's pretty bad. I should have read Consumer Reports and listened to them. The Archos 70 is rated very low. I would also like to find this post about the new firmware. :confused: