Archos 70

hypergolic

Oct 29, 2010
I didn't check, I just plugged it in so it would be fully charged when I get home. I will verify tonight though. I fully expect it is 2.1 but maybe I will be in for a surprise.

hypergolic

Oct 29, 2010
So I found market4archos.apk and tried to install it, it said it was only for donut. Any one know where I can find this for eclair?

xexe

Nov 4, 2010
I hestitate to add anything, but I did just see in the Viewsonic Gpad thread that he used pocketgear.com to sideload the App market... and I've also heard of slideme (not sure exact address).... just an fyi. Hope it helps.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Looks like nothing good will be out till Gingerbread/Honeycomb is out. So this is another that is off my list. Elocity is not looking so good if Tegra 2 can't play videos. Wow what a horrible start to release of anticipated Tablets.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
I don't know AndroidIsTheTruth
Seems from what I'm reading so far about the Archos70 from the people posting who have theirs, They seem to be more than happy. Even though shipped with 2.1 they are saying good, quick, responsive etc.
I'm still hanging out to see some more reviews and videos, but I still think it is the best tablet on the market for the price.

KaiNinaste

Nov 5, 2010
Still waiting for my 250GB - ordered it yesterday - but as they're doing something with the warranty will be about two weeks :( Didn't order it off of Archo.com though

hoola

Nov 2, 2010
Typing this from my a70.capacitive screen is great great great.yes it has 2.1 u1 but it's zippy .i have launcher proinstalled and it is awesome.angry bids and mini squadron works too. Wifi hotspot works with droid x.adhoc don't. I personally can't get bluetooth tethering to work but others have.bluetooth file transfers work perfectly with phone and home network.has great wifi.very responsive. I usually don't use task managers but it seems to help if I kill apps every so often on the tablet. I'm using swype to type as we speak.can't wait for froyo but not really worrying about it yet.i have gappsforarchos installed. Market, gmail works great.alerts and alarms work.had played most videos I have tried.i have installed rock player as to avoid paying for codecs. Divx/xvids in mkv works.have not tried hdmi yet. Waitingon my usb adaptors to test drives and such. I LOVE my a70 so far.showed it to some guys at work and they are getting one. Did I say how much I love the capacitive screen.one thing missed on my a7.
(wish it had a hard home button on front to wake it up though)

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Still waiting for my 250GB - ordered it yesterday - but as they're doing something with the warranty will be about two weeks :( Didn't order it off of Archo.com though

Can you tell me where you ordered it please. Archos.com won't allow orders from Australia so will have to source from somewhere else.

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks

hoola

Nov 2, 2010
gApps4Archos.apk read up on it before you install there were a couple of reports that some people had to restore their unit.thank goodness I never have tyre problems some folks do.

DroidxRage

Nov 3, 2010
Sweet man, I actually did find it last night. it installed with no problems and I've got full google apps. really loving the tablet so far. touch screen us very responsive. processor seems snappy, probablya little more so than my Droid1 over clocked to 1.3ghz. screen size is a great compromise between a phone and something likea net book. first impressions are very good.

hoola

Nov 2, 2010
Yeah it's pretty wicked.when we get root I can see this thing screaming at 1.3 or 1.5ghz overclocked.i want clockwork on this baby bad.froyo will be insane sick