Archos News: 43 is shipping and 70/101 update

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
A43it_hd_video.png

Another Archos update: The 43 is finally shipping in the US. If you have been waiting for this smaller format tablet, it is finally available according to these sources <link> <Link> There is a small issue though. Only the 16 Gb model is shipping. The lower price 8 Gb model is still stuck in the pipeline.

The 16 Gb is more expensive ($250USD) and is comparable in size to the prior Archos 5 and IMT 5 PMP/tablets.

The 16Gb mini-Tablet is featured filled and offers many of the same elements promised for the Archos 70 and 101. The differerce is size, resistive screen, Camera(s) and weight

The following features describes the core features of the Archos 43

&#8226; 4.3 inch, 854x480 pixel resistive touchscreen display
&#8226; Google Android 2.2
&#8226; 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU
&#8226; Graphics accelerator with support for 3D OpenGL ES 2.0
&#8226; Video codec support including 720p MPEG, H.264, and WMV, with optional MPEG-2 codec
&#8226; FLAC, WMA, WAV, AAC, MP3, OGG Vorbis audio playback (optional AC3 plugin)
&#8226; 2MP camera with 720p HD video recording
&#8226; USB 2.0 port with USB 2.0 Host support
&#8226; HDMI output (cable sold separately)
&#8226; 802.11b/g/n WiFi
&#8226; Bluetooth 2.1
&#8226; Speaker, Microphone,
&#8226; Kick-stand
&#8226; G-sensor
&#8226; MicroSD card slot
&#8226; Weight - 4.6 ounces
&#8226; Battery Life - up to 12 hours of battery life web use, 10 hours- video playback, or 36 hours - music playback
-=-=-=-=-
The one item in regards to Archos 70 and 101 seen in Europe. These units have been bundled with 2.1 with the 2.2 firmware to follow.

irishpride

May 3, 2010
Where is the update about the 101 and 70? You just mention them in your post, there is no update.

Sent From My Galaxy S

DennisW

Nov 2, 2010
I just received an update email from tigerdirect.ca that they have been told that they will get the 101 on Nov. 19 instead of N0v. 1 as they were originally told.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Where is the update about the 101 and 70? You just mention them in your post, there is no update.
Sent From My Galaxy S

Last line of the article: The one item in regards to Archos 70 and 101 seen in Europe. These units have been bundled with 2.1 with the 2.2 firmware to follow.
This appears to be a situation where they want to meet some deadline. In my opinion. These which are being delivered are not the mass delivery as you would expect.
I do not see any other reason for this type of delivery.
Also just in: My source for pre-ordered 101 just sent me an apology email for delay and that I may cancel my order, but the delivery date has been postponed by 21 days.

That would make it just before the US Thanksgiving holiday.

Ah well.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
I going to butt in on this at this point to ask a question about the ARCHOS 70/101 which keeps my mind busy, perhaps you can answer it here:

Will there be a update or maybe just the possibility to get an update for those two tablets for Android 3.0 or any other future version?
Or does this just depend on the producers will wo do this?

Kahoolie

Oct 21, 2010
I just got this from Global Computer:

Dear Kahoolie,
In regards to your recent order: xxx, we wanted to inform you about your pre-order item Archos 101 8Gb. The manufacturer originally provided us an anticipated availability date of November 1 but unfortunately we have not yet received the product. We were advised today by the manufacturer that the new expected receipt day to our facility is November 19th. We&#8217;ll make every effort to receive and ship your order as quickly as possible after delivery and once your order is shipped you will receive a confirmation via email with the tracking number.

We know that you were expecting the item to be shipped this week. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Regards,

GlobalComputer.com Customer Care

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
apparently Archos has been having issues with production and unfortunately the France headquarters hasn't even sent the US headquarters the first shipment of 101s. They got a small shipment of the 70s (8GB) a few weeks ago, but they have since sold out and are no longer available on their website store.archos.com
I'm guessing this means the distributors like Amazon, Tiger Direct, etc only got a small shipment too.
You can find out more on their facebook page Official ARCHOS, Inc. | Facebook
Yesterday afternoon they announced that they'll have another batch ready to ship out (70's and 101's) next week.