Archos tablets

Andrewinsa

Nov 30, 2010
Hi guys

I am currently considering and Archos tablet (either the 70 or 101, not sure on memory size either).

Can I have some opinions on the Archos units? What is the general feeling?

Also, it appears that the 70 250gig is a hard drive vs flash. Should I rather go for the less capacity flash option, is flash memory better?

I would appreciate any feedback and will consider all thoughts good or bad.
Thanks
Andrew

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The primary difference between the 70 8 and 250 is weight. Otherwise, they function identically. Flash is fine if you are not planning to make it a oversized PMP in my opinion. I would prefer 16 Gb otherwise.

The real issue for both 70s and 101s is availability. Those who are waiting for the 101-16Gb are still waiting (including me) , and the 70/8 and the 101/8 were a limited delivery. The mid-December release of Tablets will be much larger. The trickle that have been released is so small as a whole, it is difficult to get a mass opinion. I only know of one person personally who has a 70/8 yet and it was an eval unit back in October.

Ralph

Nov 15, 2010
I am also considering buying an Archos tablet, but I though the main point was when was the manufacturing releasing the Android 2.2 version, given it was far too important waiting for it.

Am I true?

Thanks

Ralph

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I am also considering buying an Archos tablet, but I though the main point was when was the manufacturing releasing the Android 2.2 version, given it was far too important waiting for it.

Am I true?
And it was released today: LINK=< ARCHOS > Soooo. Any Android Tablet you purchase within next few weeks/months will likely need the Firmware flash as an immediate thing if you buy one. These will have 2.1 still. It usually takes Archos as long as a year for the site Firmware to reach the manufacture floor. So expect to plan a firmware update.