arnova 8g2 problems playing movies

shelaghmairi

Feb 9, 2012
I really need some help!! We got arnova 8g2 at xmas and can't upload movies :-( I have downloaded movies and tv seasons from itunes, i go though the process of transferring to arnova, then it won't play. Can anyone out there tell me how to fix this??

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to thje forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Sorry to hear you're having problems playing movies, I'm going to move your thread to the Archos Home Tablets forum for you. Hopefully, someone there will be able to help you out. Good luck!

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
I really need some help!! We got arnova 8g2 at xmas and can't upload movies :-( I have downloaded movies and tv seasons from itunes, i go though the process of transferring to arnova, then it won't play. Can anyone out there tell me how to fix this??

Do you know what file formats you are transferring across. I've had very little trouble so far with .mp4 and .avi formats which were obtained by 'ripping' my own DVDs. According to the ARNOVA site, your 8 G2 will accept .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .mov and .flv. Is it possible that your downloads are .m4v files? There's a fair deal of information at

iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos

about what you can and can't do, and to where!

Also have a look at

How to Convert iTunes Protected Movies to MP4/AVI/WMV/MPEG

- there's a very telling paragraph in there which starts with "iTunes online store provides both latest and most popular movies download service. It is easy to access tons of excellent movies through purchasing and downloading. However, the apple DRM laden with iTunes Movie restricts you from playing your iTunes movies on any other non-Apple portable devices and media players."

The good news is that it goes on to explain how you can make the files suitable for non-Apple gear.