Arnova G2 10. No power or boot after first battery drain. Custom firmware installed.

mrcabdrv

Jan 6, 2012
Arnova G2 10.

I installed the custom firmware (for marketplace access) a couple of weeks ago, shortly after the unit's first use. Everything went fine and it worked great for multiple tests (web, apps, video, etc). It'd been restarted and shut down a handful of times. I sent the gift to my father who also used it no problem via AC and battery until the battery did it's first die. Since then he has no power, boot, lights, etc. Seems dead.

We have no way of reverting back to factory without addressing the problem at hand. Surely it's under warranty (extended service plan via SageMax), but it has the custom firmware on it… Any ideas? Maybe SageMax won't notice the firmware upgrade, not being the manufacturer, addressing the dead unit?

Any help would be great. I thought I might have to dick around with re-flashing/warranty work one day…not a couple weeks after he got it. Figured a new topic was fine as I think this is different than "bricked" after firmware install?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
plug it in and do nothing for 20 minutes. it is possible it is actualy too dead to boot even if plugged in

mrcabdrv

Jan 6, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that suggestion in mind; however, my father's tablet is now operational again from a combination of doing a reset in the pin-hole and/or re-aligning the two-prong North American adapter at the end of the power adapter. He's unsure which one did it, but it is up and running. Potential false alarm. But, again, thanks a lot!

Steve

billynibbles

Jan 16, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that suggestion in mind; however, my father's tablet is now operational again from a combination of doing a reset in the pin-hole and/or re-aligning the two-prong North American adapter at the end of the power adapter. He's unsure which one did it, but it is up and running. Potential false alarm. But, again, thanks a lot!

Steve

It's also worth noting, especially when dealing with someone remotely, over the phone for example, that they are using the correct socket on the tablet. The charger jack for the 10 G2 will actually fit into the headphone socket, which is a little alarming, and I'm willing to hazard a guess that a lot of 'it doesn't charge' panics are down to this.