Asus Memopad ME173 Stuck in bootloop, factory reset is futile HELP!

Shnazzyone

Feb 11, 2015
Searching everywhere for a solution. Out of nowhere one morning I woke up to by tablet spitting out google play errors and then it needed to be rebooted. From there it would be unable to live.

I have tried factory reset to no effect. Bootloop persists. Googling for answers is useless. Everyone assumes I rooted this thing, no I don't have advanced recovery. I just cannot seem to restore it.

I plug it into my computer and all I am treated to is the sound of windows detecting a device and losing it as the tablet cycles through the boot loop.

I never made a user restore, I don't what format file is readable through the restore menu. I got a stock boot room but nothing seemingly I can do with it. I need help and none of the online solutions seem to be working for me.

I seriously need help. ADB does not recognize it. Fastboot seems to hang for a sec before going right back to the boot loop. I have no idea what to do. HELP!

Shnazzyone

Feb 11, 2015
I normally consider myself a pretty techy guy but it's like there's some aspect i'm missing. Restore seems like the only hope but it's like nothing I can send to that card is read in restore. ASUS suggests a special boot that supposedly comes up after holding power button for 10 seconds. That doesn't seem to work. All that happens is it continues my bootloop like it doesn't care.