Asus tablets - Slider and Transformer

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I actually like the transformer better - can be a laptop or just a tablet. I'm really intrigued with these units. These, the Xoom, and the Adam are at the top of my current list. BTW, I'm surprised there isn't more interest in these upcoming Asus units - they really look great so far.

Last edited:

Arun01

Jan 11, 2011
Thank you Asus..finally a company that listens to the consumers...sure a 10inch pad is good but what about portability..(7 inch tablet) thank you Asus for making the 7inch !! but please hurry up & make it available for purchase.I can't for a whole half of a year :(

ERA

Oct 28, 2011
I like everything about my slider. Sure, it's an extra pound and twice as thick, but those are miniscule differences IMO. Very happy. Thanks, Asus.

armyveteran22

Oct 21, 2011
i love my slider... i like everything about it.... i didnt like the transformer feel..... i wanted a tablet with keyboard oon it and i got it.... no need to carry extra pieces with me... great product. cant wait for ics to come out

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
i love my slider... i like everything about it.... i didnt like the transformer feel..... i wanted a tablet with keyboard oon it and i got it.... no need to carry extra pieces with me... great product. cant wait for ics to come out

Slider is cool, I came so close to getting one but got the Transformer instead. Wish I could have both...still curious though if the Slider has a pointing device, track pad or something, or is the keyboard mainly just for extended text entry rather than a netbook hybrid like the Transformer?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

armyveteran22

Oct 21, 2011
The key board is mainly for typing there is no pointing device on the tablet... I just plug my mouse into it and that does me just fine .... I looked at the transformer and I didn't like that I would have to pay an extra 150$ for the keyboard dock.... so I just got the slider for cheaper.... I'm not really a big trackpad person I'm more of a mouse guy.....

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, the two are similar yet different at the same time, if that makes any sense, but in my opinion (and really a darn good opinion I think) Asus is THE company when it comes to Android Tablets!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

dorel

Nov 12, 2011
Got a slider a week back - just love it. Last night the screen got unresponsive and I am trying to find a way to unlock the pattern using the keyboard. Any ideas? Thanks

Update:
Used a usb mouse and was able to get passed the first hurdle. Then did a factory reset. Still the screen is UNRESPONSIVE

Last edited:

ardon

Jun 15, 2011
im having trouble connecting to the tv with my hdmi cable . the image comes on the television the disappears am i missing something