Augen Gentouch 78 or iMito iM7S? Help direct a noob!

Grimism

Dec 12, 2010
Hey guys, glad to join the community and getting into what I hear an amazing Android community. I have just recently gotten interested in tablets, especially Android based systems. My problem though is I am not too sure what to go with..

After doing a few weeks of research of my own I came down to choosing between the Augen Gentouch 78 or the iMito iM7S. I am interested in reading ebooks, browsing the net, using apps, and playing music and movies. I also want a responsive tablet that is not laggy. What do you guys think I should go with, Augen or iMito? If I am correct Augen has more of a user based community you can fallback on, unlike iMito? But they both have their good features...(imito has a camera built in as well..) I would just like to hear some feedback from experienced users.

Augen Gentouch 78
Android Tablet Charts | Augen Gentouch 78 - Android Tablets

iMito IM7
http://www.**********/imito-im7andr..._p46876.html?zenid=l9n9kmomrd9ja4t5nim6i0ajg2

Grimism

Dec 12, 2010
Shameless bump, just really want to place an order soon enough to be able to get this before Christmas.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Wow, that's a great deal on the iMito. I paid $180.00 shipped in September. Never dealt with Ankaka before, make sure you check out their reputation, may be good. I got mine from Lightinthebox and was very pleased with their service and satisfied with my iMito. Plays movies great, 720p and 1080p. Internet fast, camera not so good. Don't know much about the Augen but know I can use their clockworkwork recovery and root it the same way. In the end it comes down to what you need. I myself have only been dissapointed with the usb otg on the iMito, can't get it to host anything. Other than that the usb is perfect and fast. No lag, pretty quick. Hope this helps. Great G sensor also.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Where are you located?

They both seem to be variants of the Dawa D7. If you are in the US, the Coby Kyros (either one) is a better option.

There is also the Cherrypad. Anything that the Telechips team firmware mod team is working on is alright, actually.

cool1100

Dec 7, 2010
I think if you can verify the Gentouch is the newest model ie 3.5mm headphone jack, working g-sensor, you can't really go wrong for the price. The Gentouch has a bad rep, but I got the newer model with most of the bugs worked out, and for 149.00 us I'm a happy camper.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I was going to repeat what Xaueious said, but I am lazy. Look at his post. The Coby is an amazingly stable unit that I know about.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The Coby branded Kyros lineup is just more proven right now that's all. Plus you get American support if you are in the US.

The iMito isn't bad. It's a different form factor, and is popular in Asia as well. That's why I asked for your location.