Background picker.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I've not been able to find an alternative background picker at all. The default one wants me to crop an image and it never seems to give good results for me.

~Ivy

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I pushed Gallery3D to system, and it lets me crop to square. Images turn out nicely. My default gallery still crops to rectangle and turns out really bad.

I have not tested to see how repeatable it is, because it did some weird things after I froze Huawei Home in Titanium.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks. I will have a look at it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I've been messing with all diff sizes of pics and none will fit just 1 screen it seems like. Will have to try Gallery 3d.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Does anyone have the apk file for Gallery3D? I had this on my tablet before I did my last flash of a ROM and never put it back on. Now the new version in the market is for 2.2 and up. I had this working before so I know the older version will work, I just can't find the spk file for 2.1 anywhere. I even tried google and could not find it.

Nevermind - I remembered seeing it before on my DroidX so I checked that forum and I was able to find an old version of the Gallery3D and it works with no problems.

Last edited:

KanedaGS

Feb 10, 2011
I thought I'd chime in here... I use something called Multipicture Live Wallpaper which is available in the Android Marketplace. It's a little more processor intensive than just a normal background but it does the trick. Hope this helps.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Ok so i have made a template and tried some pics out.

Zip file attached: copy folder to your internal or external card or put pics in your own folder

Use gallery, file explorer, or whatever to pic one and hit "set as"

Stretch the cropper as big as it goes

Then just slide the box straight down......try not to go side to side just slide straight down
**top of the crop box should be at very top of pic**

Hit Save and go to your desktop.

Whole pic is on one screen. Can confirm with swirlsLARGE.png and swirls.png to see difference.

Included in the zip file is the Photoshop template i made for those that want to free transform their own pics into the "empty space" on the black template.

enjoy :cool:

Attachments

• $S7 Pics.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
  • $s7wallpaperTemplate.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
just use Wallpaper Set & Save from the market, it allows you to set a dfirectory of where all your wallpapers are and sets them at the quality they are doesn't make them all pixeled and crappy.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Well gallery 3d does nothing but incorrectly centers pic, not gonna bother with the other suggestion as i like my template and crappy is cropping a full pic and only getting it blown up and not full on home screens like the default and seems like all wallpaper pickers are doing.

well i tried it and gallery set and save sucks too lol. Will stick to my way. At least can get full pic with minimal degredation.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well gallery 3d does nothing but incorrectly centers pic, not gonna bother with the other suggestion as i like my template and crappy is cropping a full pic and only getting it blown up and not full on home screens like the default and seems like all wallpaper pickers are doing.

well i tried it and gallery set and save sucks too lol. Will stick to my way. At least can get full pic with minimal degredation.

Yes. But so much work :D

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
As is all our hard work to fiddle with what we have to make it better ; >)

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Here is a Live Wallpaper i found that lets you put diff pics on diff screens. I didn't have much luck with the diff pics per screen, but it will let you take any pic and will set as FULL SCREEN centered wallpaper.

$screenshot_15.png MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app from market

Not sure about battery drain, but i did notice with only 3 screens on my launcher, I had to ADD setting for screen 4 and it will use that pic for all screens. But it is full pic not cropped. So another option is there.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Here is a Live Wallpaper i found that lets you put diff pics on diff screens. I didn't have much luck with the diff pics per screen, but it will let you take any pic and will set as FULL SCREEN centered wallpaper.

View attachment 1305 MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app from market

Not sure about battery drain, but i did notice with only 3 screens on my launcher, I had to ADD setting for screen 4 and it will use that pic for all screens. But it is full pic not cropped. So another option is there.

I had wondered how well it would work on the S7... I'm using it on the Ztab and it works great on here... :)

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Tapatalk