Backup of Android 2.2 tablet

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
I have this second hand tablet made by Wondermedia. Basic, but it seems to work well.

It has the previous user's email which I can't remove because it says it is associated with some applications, so I want to take it back to factory default, but I don't want to lose or lose track of some of the good things he seems to have installed. (For some reason the search in Android Market doesn't work).

Is there a simple procedure to back up everything and later reload just any apps that I want? The book doesn't mention backup.

Alternatively, can I get Android Market to display alphabetically instead of just random lists of names?

As you can tell, I'm a beginner.

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
I can't believe there is no way to back up one of these things, but no replies.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I believe that I ought to be able to back up to somewhere on the google site, but when I look round my gmail area on the site with a laptop, I can't find any backup. Also I hit update all on the tablet and several apps updated - all except the gmail one which just sat there.

So I don't know what is backed up and where. I had hoped I could back up locally, which surely must be possible with this OS? If I can't, how do I find if the backup to google works without blowing everything away?

Maybe the question is stupid, but I have looked through the "manual" that came with the device and the faq here, and not found anything.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
A lot of times advice tends to be model specific. I have no experience with your particular tablet, BUT, if you can root it and run Titanium Backup it will easilly do what you want. Very powerful piece of software, worth looking into I think.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Billaboard

Sep 10, 2011
Thanks Tom T, that is very helpful. I have installed Titanium and started to read the wiki, and am now stuck on the rooting.

The wiki says to use ConnectBot to check whether the tablet is rooted, and it looks as though this would be a good app to have installed. I have found it via the browser and attempted to download from there. The download seems to start, but then seems to hang. This seems to be a development version from the site with an apk extension.

I've looked in Android Market, but can't find it there. As I said before the search doesn't work in Android Market and there doesn't seem to be any way to look apps up in alphabetical order. Searches work in other places fine, just not in Android Market.

It looks as though the tablet is not rooted when I try to run Titanium, but there seems to be an app called "Superuser" installed that looks as though it needs root rights. I am still totally confused by all this. If I can once get down to the Linux level, I ought to be able to proceed slowly, but I need to get access to the command line.