Balanced Power - why use it? why not?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Well, I messed around some last night and I am confused as ever. Balanced Power does not completely over ride the other display settings but definitely affects them. I wish they had a graphic on the display settings page so you could see the effect as you changed it. It is subjective to begin with and flipping back and forth makes it really hard to compare. I found that I like the slider set brighter if I have Balanced Power on. That is not to say that it is dimmer with it on, just that if it is on I like the display brighter. Overall, I like the display better with Balanced Power turned off. Purely subjective; it is really difficult to pinpoint visual differences. It's like looking at 2 TVs at the store that both have good pictures but are obviously a little different. It's a lot easier when you see them side by side to say one is crisper or warmer or whatever. I can't really make a definitive analysis on the tablet, though I guess that means I can say it isn't that dramatic.

How about trying screenshots?

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
How about trying screenshots?

I thought about that; think it through a little more. ;)
Screen shots are programmatic captures of the image that was being displayed; the image does not change based on display settings (other than resolution). The brightness of the color red on the screen may vary as you turn brightness up and down, but the bits in the image that represent that red area will stay the same.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I thought about that; think it through a little more. ;)
Screen shots are programmatic captures of the image that was being displayed; the image does not change based on display settings (other than resolution). The brightness of the color red on the screen may vary as you turn brightness up and down, but the bits in the image that represent that red area will stay the same.
Doh! :slapshead: