Battery Life question and general thoughts

Mavvy

May 7, 2011
Hi! Well with one of my main concern being battery life i am thinking of purchasing a 16Gb Flytouch (SuperPad II V2) from China Grabber.

I was wondering if you could tell me what your over all experiences have been with the battery life with the 8000MhA models as i'm looking for a model that could last for an 8 hour day if possible.

How long does yours last with just normal internet browsing/word processing applications/reading?
How long does it last you for watching a 720p (or less) video? What is the internal speaker like?

What do you think of the screen? Is it really such a set back having a resistive screen? Is it fine to use your fingers on it as opposed to a stylus? Does it function well enough as an ereader?

Also, i have a 4G USB key with your basic windows installation file, is there anyway i can go about getting it to work on Android? Have about possibly installing Linux out of curiosity?

Also does it support full flash? Both videos on youtube, as well as playing embedded youtube videos on other websites?

Help would be appreciated thanks :eek:

Last edited:

NiceGuyEddie

Jul 7, 2011
Howdy. The wife and I just got a pair of flytouch 2's. We've been playing with them steady for about 2 weeks now and here is what i can tell you about my experience.

1: battery life seems to be about 6 hours of mixed used but mostly games ( angry birds) and videos ( kids watching avi's). they never sit down enough to fully charge, and I've had issues with BOTh the chargers we recevied and my ft2's ability to keep charging ( gota jiggle the cord for some reason).

2: flash is not native. I found a browser easily enough that can do some flash but have not been successful each and every time.

3: The screen is good. it can be a bit tough (have to push hard sometimes) to get to react, but it can still use easily (angry birds and a 2yr old) and the stylus that came with scratched the heck out of the screen protectors that came with. I like fingers FTW ;-) As an ereader, it;s not quite going in your pocket but it looks good on the screen. My wife was originally interested in the color nook and we ended up going this route.

As for rooting windows or linux, i'm a newbie but I'd like to know too :-D

All in all, we're still really happy with the ft2. a couple of universal chargers and micro sd's later and i don't even care that i went for the cheaper 4g onboard instead of 16g. All in all, I think it;s a good steal for a 10.2" android.

Nice Guy Eddie