Battery Life?

danielg5

May 3, 2011
I just got my new A510 last week. I have charged the battery twice, updated my apps from my old A500 and installed the new OTA update. I have only gotten about 5-6 hours of total screen time on a full battery. This seems very low. It is actually worse than I got with the A500. The battery is one of the major reasons I chose this one as the A500 replacement.

I would be interested to know what kind of battery performance others are getting and what tweeks/settings you have used. Thanks!

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I had a A510 for a short time but had to send it back due to a screen that was not very sensitive. But while I had it I too noticed that the battery while huge and claimed to last forever in reviews, did not last long for me at all. The worst part for me was that it was sucking up to 3x the juice my old A500 was in standby mode. I timed mine at one point and was getting 7-8 minutes of battery drain per half hour. Which was between 6-7 hours of use in one sitting. If I turned the screen off and left it on standby it would be less.

Last edited:

bethym

Oct 9, 2011
I just got my new A510 last week. I have charged the battery twice, updated my apps from my old A500 and installed the new OTA update. I have only gotten about 5-6 hours of total screen time on a full battery. This seems very low. It is actually worse than I got with the A500. The battery is one of the major reasons I chose this one as the A500 replacement.

I would be interested to know what kind of battery performance others are getting and what tweeks/settings you have used. Thanks!
this is from one day last week. I did a ton with it that day... I have virus scan off and I tend to run at minimum brightness indoors. Since the screen shot, I added rootdim to get the screen even dimmer.

I know my phone battery needs some time to settlenout anytime a new rom is loaded. I asume battery calibration is imilar, have you tried a total discharge / full recharge cycle? If you contine to get 5 hours, then consider an exchange. Mine definitely lasts all day and then some. I love it!

$IMG_20120501_224159.jpg

danielg5

May 3, 2011
UPDATE! I don't think the tablet was actually fully charged on those first two cycles even though the battery meter indicated 100%. Last night I left it on the charger overnight. This morning it stayed at 100% for 15-20 minutes and was at 90% after about 1 1/2 hours of screen time, including playing a video for about 1 hour of that time. This is a big relief. It looks like it is on the right track. Hopefully the battery drain won't accelerate as it goes down. I will update when it has cycled through.

danielg5

May 3, 2011
ADDITIONAL UPDATE: It seemed that I solved the fast battery drain problem by allowing the tablet to charge for a longer time. When it first reaches 100% it really isn't fully charged. That seems like a calibration problem. Now I can get 10 hours of use after a full charge with no problem, but that is pretty soon after the full charge. Over a few days, and that time decreases.

The other problem I was having was battery drain on standby. Acer hasn't done a very good job of designing an effective standby power management process (My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and it can stay on standby for three weeks and still have battery left). I was losing 6-7% of battery overnight, which communicates to about 20% of battery loss over a 24 hour day with no use. Though I had wifi set to turn off when the tablet sleeps, the A510 still seemed to awake every hour or so. Yesterday I downloaded Battery Booster, which automatically shuts off wifi and puts the tab in airplane mode when it goes into standby. Now my battery drain is practically non-existent when in standby. I think this looks like a great app, and there is a tablet version. I am only using the free version now, but if it works this well, I may buy the paid version to use the other functions. Now, I am pretty happy with this tablet.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi.. :)
My battery discharging from 100% to 3% non stop -> with GPSon, WIFIon, displai 65%, browsing internet, play games, download a loot wallpapers, instal and deliting program and play music...!!! There'is sam's pruf with image...! :)
$IMG_20130430_143348.jpg

Last edited: