Battery Life

Grimism

Dec 12, 2010
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but my battery keeps dying on me when I am not even using my tablet. How do you stop the battery from being used when the tablet is not being touched? I remember on my iPod touch I would hit the one button, screen would go black and I can leave it like that for days without the battery being affected. But my gentouch I can charge 100 percent, hit the power button so the screen goes black, come home later to use it and its dead. I am sick of having to turn it on because it takes so long, but my concern is when I ring it with me on the go. I dont use it for hours and when I do need it for a few minutes its already dead.

Am I doing something wrong? How do you guys put it on sleep or whatever so the battery does not die????

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
You're putting it into sleep mode which I have discovered does use power. My only suggestion is turn the device *fully* off each time, then the battery will hold its charge.

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Grimism

Dec 12, 2010
Damn, I was hoping I would not have to turn it off, due it it long start up time. Guess they have crappy sleep mode compared to other devices.

cool1100

Dec 7, 2010
Yep, no work around that I have been able to find, short push of the power button only turns off the screen, rest of the device is still running.