Battery Problem.....

joesboy

Jan 24, 2014
I have a Lenovo Yoga 8 model 60043. Three weeks old.

I charged the battery yesterday afternoon till around 10pm and it completed at 100%.
This morning when I came to use it I found its down to 24%.
I closed it down correctly last night going through the right procedure but just is case do you have any recommendations?

This is not the first time I have found this happening, perhaps I'm doing something wrong. This is my first tablet and I'm still learning........!!

joesboy

Jan 24, 2014
Thanks....I'll try that Spider but what does airplane mode do. I've seen it but not used it as I didn't know what it was for.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Airplane mode disables the wireless features to comply with airline regulations and the following wireless connections and services are turned off: Cellular (voice and data), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Location services.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Glad to hear that worked, thanks for replying.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Just read that and I too had no idea what airplane mode did or did'nt do, so by going into airplane mode does as you say, ie switching oo those features, surely by closing down ie power off, they're off anyway ?.

Ps just put mine in airplane mode and noted 60%. Thought I'd tell you this, but discovered the wifi was off, due to it being in airplane mode, so a quick clic and wifi was back on again. So this is a minor inconvenience to save the battery.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Completely powering down the tablet with a long press of the power button should in fact shut everything off. But a quick press of the power button only puts the tablet into standby, which places all the receivers into a low power state. This is so when you turn the tablet on it's ready to go. However, putting the tablet into standby mode consumes power.

The value of airplane mode became readily apparent to me with my Dell Streak 5. Currently I do not have cellular service active on it and so I use WiFi. There is an unresolved bug by Dell in the Streak's ROM where after an extended period of time, the device will spontaneously reboot and knock out the SIM slot in the process. While a reboot fixes the problem, an easier solution to rebooting every morning was to use airplane mode.

Problem solved.