Battery upgrade for Flytouch 2

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
The problem with my slate is that the the red colored charging indicator is blinking at about 3 times a second...so i posted about the problem in another thread and i got a reply that the battery is dying.

I need to replace the battery or else the pad is just brick

btw what is digitizer ?

Last edited:

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Just had a thought....If the ac power supply converts to 7.2 volts dc before plugging in ..Then if you knock up a 7.2 volt dc rechargable battery pack and plug it in you have a mobile external dc power supply. I just checked 220volt ac power supply it puts out 9volt dc 2.5 amps

Last edited:

mid

Aug 28, 2010
Yes, external battery pack is possible. External charger puts out ~9V output, it doesn't reduce the voltage by itself, charging controller takes care of overcharging. I only noticed 7W while offline, so that's close to 1A, and 12W online + charging. You can buy commercial battery packs or build ones yourself. I was intending to use RC battery pack I have to build an external battery but instead opted for internal upgrade. The only problem with external battery is that is kills the point of tablet.

andysuth

Mar 22, 2011
Hi,

I see this talk of lifting the digitiser, what are the four little plugged holes around the outside of the case (one located just by "Wifi Off")?

Cheers,

-Andy

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Prise the inserts off the little plugged holes. underneath are the screws. I prised mine off with a small snap-off exacto type knife. Because it is thin you can gently insert it and stick the point into the side of the plug and extract it without scratching. If you are careful. Then of course you have to get the lid off . some-one suggested a suction cup. I gave it a miss and stuck the screws back in.

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
hey mid

You you mean this by a RC battery ?

Please let me know where you bought it ? It would really help if you post pics of modifications done to fit in the larger battery ..

Last edited:

mid

Aug 28, 2010
@cha_indian: Yes I bought a similar pack and disassembled it. But you've got to be REALLY careful while doing that. I'll try to make the mod on Sunday and of course I'll post the result and the modification pictures here. :)

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I simply bought a battery backup charger to triple my battery life. Simply a charger that charges your tablet and an internal battery in the charger for when it isn't pluggen in. A 60 usd addition but well worth it.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

mrburkley

Nov 24, 2010
I simply bought a battery backup charger to triple my battery life. Simply a charger that charges your tablet and an internal battery in the charger for when it isn't pluggen in. A 60 usd addition but well worth it.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

I'd love to know what specific external charger you purchased and where you purchased it from. Even the specs would be nice because then I could go out and search for it myself. Since the battery voltage is 7.4 volts does that mean the external charger should be the same? The charger I have says that it outputs 9 volts (though I haven't checked it). I really don't know much. Do you have to worry about the amperage of the charger? If it can put out more amps than the OEM charger does that mean one shouldn't use it, or does the internal battery only take as much as it can handle so the amperage of the charger doesn't really matter.

If you've modded the case to allow for a larger internal battery pack I'd love to hear about that as well.

Thanks for your help!

--Michael Burkley

maxummus

May 5, 2011
I just bought a superpad 2 flytouch 3 with a 8000mah battery. Some new superpad have a bigger battery?

Wholesale NEW Android 2.2 GPS 512MB 4GB 8000MAH Battery WiFi RJ45 HDMI FlyTouch 3/SuperPad Tablet PC 10 inch MID

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
I learned so much about everyone's bad experience with opening up this tablet that i feel a sense of deja vu !!!

I am unsure whether to replace the battery or throw this thing off.. I want a better battery on this and that i why i came to this forum....

Is there anyone who has upgraded the battery on this tablet ???