Best Brand Type and Class of SD for Huawei S7

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
^thks for the info; will wait a bit for a better priced Class 10..!!

Class 10 depends on a High Speed Data Bus, whereas Classes 2-6 runs on a Normal Speed Bus. I'm not saying that a Class 10 won't work in our S7, but I'm doubtful - it might work, but you may not see a speed increase from a Class 6 card.
I hope someone is willing to buy and test a Class 10 card - whether it works and how it performs...

SD Speed Class - SD Association

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^great info, and thanks for the link as well, hopefully someone can confirm class 10 adds some or no speed benefit to the S7;

EDIT: newegg has the WINTEC 16GB Class 10 back in stock, its 30$ + 6$ shipping;

WINTEC FileMate 16GB Mobile Professional Class 10 microSDHC Card with SDHC Adapter

Item#: N82E16820161405

Last edited:

TabletNoobie

Dec 6, 2010
As my handle says, "TabletNoobie" here! I bought this S7 for my wife for basic e-mail and WiFi use at home and work. She might switch it over as her primary cell phone (ATT is our carrier) if I get her a BT for it. My main question here is this, do I even need the SD card? Will it use it as system memory and run faster etc? Or is it only for loading video and other files as storage? I currently still run Win XP on all my home PC's and lack of a compatable driver leaves any SD card useless to me unless the tablet can access it on it's own. I have much to learn here and thanks for any additional information about using the additional SD slot.