micro sd chips

bmochel

Sep 21, 2011
I am trying to buy a 32gb micro sd tf chip. There seem to be several types on the market (class 4, class 6 class 10). I have an MID 1006 tablet that runs Android 2.2 and has a ARM 11 cpu processer. Someone has told me class 4 chips wont work on this tablet. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Bmochel

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Class 4 or higher seems to be the common recommendation, which means anything higher is probably a wast of money. I've been using class 4 myself, whatever brand is on sale at the time, and have had no problems whatsoever.

beastman

May 8, 2011
I am trying to buy a 32gb micro sd tf chip. There seem to be several types on the market (class 4, class 6 class 10). I have an MID 1006 tablet that runs Android 2.2 and has a ARM 11 cpu processer. Someone has told me class 4 chips wont work on this tablet. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Bmochel

Class 4 kingsten 32 know in my tablet, with no problems. I buy name brand class 4 including A-data, san disk, kenningsen

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

bmochel

Sep 21, 2011
Class 4 kingsten 32 know in my tablet, with no problems. I buy name brand class 4 including A-data, san disk, kenningsen

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

I have now installed my 32gm sd and it shows it is up and working, but I can't get downloads to go there automatically and when I try to move an app from the hard drive the window is grayed out.

Any suggestions??

bmochel

Sep 21, 2011
Class 4 or higher seems to be the common recommendation, which means anything higher is probably a wast of money. I've been using class 4 myself, whatever brand is on sale at the time, and have had no problems whatsoever.

I now have installed the sd and it shows that is working, but I cant get downloads to go there automatically and when I try to move an app from the hard drive in the tablet the move screen is grayed out. Any suggestions?

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Most apps don't have configurable download destination, at least that I have found. Also, not all apps can be moved to SD card

bmochel

Sep 21, 2011
Most apps don't have configurable download destination, at least that I have found. Also, not all apps can be moved to SD card

Is it possible that the write protection is on and if so I do I remove it?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
The class is the speed at which the SD card can write. Class 2 = 2GB/s, 4 = 4GB/s, etc. As memory cards become fragmented, just as hard drives do, they slow down. A faster card is needed to be able to record things like 1080 video and keep up on a fragmented card. Some manufactures of SD cards are incompatible with some makes of hardware, not so much because of the speed but the way they are made. Like Beastman said above, stick with the big manufactures and stay away from the knock-offs and you will be OK. Also, buy from a reputable supplier, like Amazon or Newegg. There are some really cheap ones on eBay but you never know what you are getting. There are a lot of cheap knock-offs out here.