Best Buy Sale on Galaxy

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I really wish you guys would stop talking about this. :mad: I keep looking at my wife's $250 Nook Color, and thinking "wow $399 is not that far away!" You're all a bad influence...especially for people with gadget "addiction" issues!

-Matt

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
I got mine couple hrs ago in a local bestbuy. $399 + $29.99 sprint month to month plan. I got the sprint verion because this verion has additional One 128mb D-RAM and the Verizon verion missed that on its spec. The verizon tried to compensate the missing DRAM with more internal ram... not sure its true but the BB rep and I both believed the additional stand alone DRAM should give better performance anyway. And Sprint's total RAM is still about 50mb more than the verizon's assuming the verizon version really carries the stated 594 mb ram instead of 512mb.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am kinda confusing still.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh, I thought they were the same hardware, but I'm just an innocent (and slightly jealous) bystander.

-Matt

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I really wish you guys would stop talking about this. :mad: I keep looking at my wife's $250 Nook Color, and thinking "wow $399 is not that far away!" You're all a bad influence...especially for people with gadget "addiction" issues!

-Matt

Haha well its only $150 difference. I made the jump from the Huawei S7. I bought it at $250 and made the jump.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I got mine couple hrs ago in a local bestbuy. 399 + 29.99 sprint month to month plan. I got the sprint verion because this verion has additional 128mb One DRAM and the Verizon verion missed that on its spec. It tried to compensate it with more internal ram, not sure its true but the BB rep and I both believe DRAM shoukd give betterbperformance and it's total RAM is still about 50mb more than the verizon verison assuming the verizon version really carry 594 mb ram instead of 512.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am kinda confusing still.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Interesting cause my BB said that sprint didn't have a month to month plan. That is why I bought the verizon version.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Interesting cause my BB said that sprint didn't have a month to month plan. That is why I bought the verizon version.
Yep, same answer at mine. Course I'm in a small town, and there may not be enough sprint coverage here.

-Matt

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I was just in BB in the Washington DC area and I can confirm they are selling the Sprint Galaxy for 399.99 with 29.99 month-to-month data plan. It is tempting, especially since reward zone members get 1000 points if they purchase the Sprint Galaxy starting tomorrow. I am leaning towards Sprint because my understanding is that they haven't crippled bluetooth capability like Verizon has (e.g., you can't use a BT keyboard on a Verizon Galaxy). Who knows what else Verizon messed with.

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
I am going to try it at my store if I see it in the circular that it specifically says month to month and you don't have to sign a contact. I know with smartphones to get a better price you need a signed agreement.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
You won't have to sign a contract but you'll likely have to have them activate it in store for the month.

robertc88

Jan 26, 2011
Here is what happened today trying to get sprint one for 399. It shows you must sign a two year agreement. They would charge the additional first month payment with the sale. There is no m2m at my store at least. You cancel and you are hit with an early term fee.

Good luck if you try it but more than not your store has the same thing as mine.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Here is what happened today trying to get sprint one for 399. It shows you must sign a two year agreement. They would charge the additional first month payment with the sale. There is no m2m at my store at least. You cancel and you are hit with an early term fee.

Good luck if you try it but more than not your store has the same thing as mine.

I'm pretty sure that's because the sale ended yesterday...

kwheaties

Feb 1, 2011
FYI, Costco has the Verizon Galaxy Tab for $399.99 with no contract... I'm still deciding between this & the much cheaper Nook.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
... I'm still deciding between this & the much cheaper Nook.
Uh oh, shouldn't have said that! Don't you know the ears on us Nook owners perk up when someone says they're thinking about getting one? ;)

Have you visited us over at the Nook owners forum yet?

-Matt