Best cases / screen protectors for the Le Pan TC 970?

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I bought these protectors and you can forget applying them without a million bubbles. I use screen protectors on my Droid and have never had a problem as bad as I did with my tablet. I think it's just too big of an area to get it to be bubbles and dust speck free.

I axed the protector and now I just use a fingerprint cleaner like this 3M electronic fingerprint cleaner.
00C3ED3B-1C01-43E1-9EC7-71241C88711.jpg

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
LOL Jodyberry, that is the same one I tried and couldn't get the bubbles out no matter what I did. Judging from the reviews, it might be my lack of screen protector savvy and not the screen!

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
I'm not worried about the fingerprints as much as I am scratches... I also have read that the screen protectors reduce the screen sensitivity...? True?

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
I've been able to apply screen protectors in the past without bubbles by using a very small amount of slightly soapy water. That allows you to squeeze out bubbles much more easily. It's similar to how pros apply window tint in cars. Of course, you have to be really, really careful about not getting water into any cracks and crevices, but it does work.

Yes, screen protectors reduce screen sensitivity a little bit. The extent of which is determined by the thickness of the screen protector.

I usually prefer not to use them, instead, I'm just careful to keep anything metallic away from the screen. Even the most calloused fingers won't scratch a glass screen.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Got my Targus case today.

I must say, it's completely perfect.

It's definitely quality made, and the fit couldn't have been better if it was designed specifically for this device. It looks great - nice and professional.

No buttons are touched anywhere. (power button was my concern, but nope, it's clear & accessible.) All ports are open and available, and the stand is good.

If there's a con, it's weight...the thing is a little heavy, but personally I don't think that's a con, I like it. I am 100% satisfied...and I'm a lot of things, but seldom THAT.

Best 17 bucks I've spent since I got the device.

5/5 stars, and yes, I recommend it to others.

Enjoy.

here's the link again: Amazon.com: Targus Truss Case/Stand for HP TouchPad - THZ07202US (Black/Gray): Electronics

Last edited:

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
I picked this case up: "i-CON by ASD iPad Genuine Leather Book-Style Case (Brown) " at zellers for $14.99 (the description I use there is also the title of its listing on Amazon dot ca for $19.95)

The Le Pan fits in quite nicely. it will need some trimming on one edge of the border so you can get to the home, return and search buttons.
I made sure that the Le Pan would fit, but I have not tried it yet with the tablet functioning. I hope the frame around the screen does not
impeed the touch capability.

It doubles as a stand and has a magnetic closure.
...Andrew

j2wice

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks to all for the screen protector advice. Not sure at this point what direction I am going to take.

Been waiting on Sir update on the case he ordered. Looks like it worked great so just placed my order. Thanks Sir!

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
Thank you Sir_Cus
I guess I might return the iCon I just bought, since it will need to be modified, although it is a nice fit.
This one looks ideal to keep the screen clear and accessible.

I am now editting my original post now.... sadly it is $40.57 at amazon dot ca part number: THZ07202CA.
I guess I'll wait to see if it goes on sale further, or if Staples carries it.

..Andrew

Got my Targus case today.

I must say, it's completely perfect.

It's definitely quality made, and the fit couldn't have been better if it was designed specifically for this device. It looks great - nice and professional.

No buttons are touched anywhere. (power button was my concern, but nope, it's clear & accessible.) All ports are open and available, and the stand is good.

If there's a con, it's weight...the thing is a little heavy, but personally I don't think that's a con, I like it. I am 100% satisfied...and I'm a lot of things, but seldom THAT.

Best 17 bucks I've spent since I got the device.

5/5 stars, and yes, I recommend it to others.

Enjoy.

here's the link again: Amazon.com: Targus Truss Case/Stand for HP TouchPad - THZ07202US (Black/Gray): Electronics

Last edited:

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Great News Sir_Cus...... Very happy that you found THE case for all of us. I'm going to put it on order after watching the price for a couple of days. Targus has to be happy, I bet they were wondering what they were going to do with a warehouse full of cases for a tablet that is all but forgotten. Gotta admit I tried to find one of those for $99.00.

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
Great News Sir_Cus...... Very happy that you found THE case for all of us. I'm going to put it on order after watching the price for a couple of days. Targus has to be happy, I bet they were wondering what they were going to do with a warehouse full of cases for a tablet that is all but forgotten. Gotta admit I tried to find one of those for $99.00.

Who didn't? :D My wife wants a tablet and it was actually my first choice since it has the same specs as the upcoming Le Pan II, but at half the price. I tried very hard to get one during the eBay Fire Sale, but couldn't get through checkout. Anyway, TC970 was my 2nd choice and it arrives today, I'm pretty excited.

I did score an HP Touchpad 32GB for myself awhile back and have been thinking of getting the genuine HP folio case for it. If I do, I'll be sure to try the TC970 in it too.

just2crafty

Dec 16, 2011
I tried many different cases since I work at Best Buy. None of them fit very well...the most compatible ones are for Ipads but even then. I ended up buying a 10" case from Intel. It's a carrying case though, you have to take the tablet out to use it. As for screen protectors, I'd suggest an universal one and ask them to put it on for you. It can be a real hassle to cut it and stick it on.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Good find, Frank.

Looks pretty similar to the Targus; the closure strap is thinner, which is probably good (my wife says the Targus strap is too thick. She said she would have given it 4 stars instead of five. I don't see it as that bad.)

This one also costs half - way to go. If the materials and stitching are good, that's a steal.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Good find, Frank.

Looks pretty similar to the Targus; the closure strap is thinner, which is probably good (my wife says the Targus strap is too thick. She said she would have given it 4 stars instead of five. I don't see it as that bad.)

This one also costs half - way to go. If the materials and stitching are good, that's a steal.

It will be here on Friday (allegedly).... I will post the results.