Best quad core tablet

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi all. Thinking of upgrading my momo11 bird with a quad core tablet, but there seem to be quite a few to choose from now.
my requirements are: 10 inch screen, quad core, preferably 2 gb ram, sd card expansion, hdmi out, at least android 4, good wifi, must have full android market and a good battery life.
My budget is around the £150-£175 mark, which I guess means I have to go chinese.
I've seen the ainol novo 9 spark, onda v972, chuwi v99, ampe a10 and ployer momo 20 all seem to fit the bill.
Any recommendations. Pros and cons? With real user experience?
Thanks for your help.

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Does no one out there have one of these tablets, or can suggest a better one?

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
Well, I'll answer from my experience which is very limited to Android tablets. I own an Asus TF700T which is one of the top-end 10.1" tablets. I've been working with the Android OS since July 2012.

I've heard of Onda products, but none of the others. I suggest you do your research extensively and then make a decision.

sk8er911

Feb 19, 2013
well i don't know much about these other chinese brand tablets. but i hav a lenovo a2109a, which is a pretty good tablet
specs:
1gb ddr3
tegra 3 1.2
hdmi out
it's also an 9inch tablet
micro usb expansion
full google play market
it should be around your price point
i got mine for $275.00us

nakedland

Dec 22, 2011
Onda V972 is a beast.. with new firmware and custom roms I am sure it will be even better

@Techballoon365, Sir, would this brand of tablet be a great starter? We are very elderly :cool: and this would be our first purchase of a table. There are soooooooooo many brands/models to choose from. It's overwhelming. The Ipad is too pricey for us. Just want to get us one that we can use for a few years. Our main use: surfing and reading on the internet, sending emails, taking pictures/storing pictures and skyping with all of your great grandkids and grandkids as well are our wonderful children. And playing a couple games like words with friends. It's addicting. :confused:

My apologies to the OP for horning in on his post. My hope is I haven't offended you.

Melanie

nakedland

Dec 22, 2011
yes this tablet i a very good slightly above mid level tablet, and yes it can do all what u mentioned in terms of reading, skyping gaming etc
Would this be an upgrade/more power to the one I asked about in my other post?

harty

Feb 27, 2013
If you are looking for quad core I would go for either a Allwinner A31 quad or a Rockchip RK3188 which has only just come out on the Pipo M9 as advertised here: Pipo M9 RK3188 Quad Core 1.8Ghz IPS 8GB Tablet the allwinner processor looks to be better than the other quad cores out at the moment and then the RK3188 is/will be even better than that. Other than that I would personally recommend the Ployer MOMO20. Its a well built machine and comes from a good chinese brand. Not only that its fairly cheap compared to others of the same spec. Just a side note for the new quad cores, Retina screens at the moment arent something to jump at as they dont run great on the processors that are currently available apart from the RK3188 and a tablet with retina screen may not be compatible with a lot of apps and games on the market as they do not support such resolutions.

Cheers Harty

Feb 26, 2013
@Techballoon365, Sir, would this brand of tablet be a great starter? We are very elderly :cool: and this would be our first purchase of a table. There are soooooooooo many brands/models to choose from. It's overwhelming. The Ipad is too pricey for us. Just want to get us one that we can use for a few years. Our main use: surfing and reading on the internet, sending emails, taking pictures/storing pictures and skyping with all of your great grandkids and grandkids as well are our wonderful children. And playing a couple games like words with friends. It's addicting. :confused:

My apologies to the OP for horning in on his post. My hope is I haven't offended you.

Melanie

Hi, we would recommend the Ployer MOMO20 quad core:
PLOYER MOMO20 10.1" IPS Screen A31 Quad Core CPU 1.5GHz Android 4.1 2GB RAM Tablet - TechBalloon365|Android Tablets|Smartphones|Electronics|

we do consider it as a mid to high end device. you will not be disappointed.

Regards
TechBalloon365 Customer Service