best tablets for under $200?

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
What would you all recommend for someone. I would like the latest firmware possible and a 10 in screen. I will be using it mostly for internet browsing, ebooks and reading, and watching videos.

some features I thought would be important are bluetooth, flash, usb port

edtechdev

Nov 13, 2010
I don't know of any that fit that price and feature set, especially at the 10 inch size.

There is a 10 inch Viewsonic G Tablet w/android 2.2 at Sears, but it's $379 and apparently there are issues with apps not working or force closing and USB not working. And I don't think flash works, and I don't know that it supports bluetooth:
Viewsonic 10" Gtab 1GHz Tegra 2 $379 @ Sears.com - Page 2 - Android Forums
[Q] Viewsonic gtablet - xda-developers

At the 7 inch level I think there are 2 or 3 options with support for the features you want, all over $200:

-Huawei S7 at best buy, $300, does support bluetooth, has resistive screen
-Samsung Tab at best buy and most cell providers, $600 w/out 3G contract

Also,
-the Nook Color, $249, is about to be released next week at Barnes & Noble - prob. no bluetooth
-the Cruz Reader, $200, is out from Borders, but it is mainly just for e-reading, prob. no bluetooth

Then there are the Archos 70 and 101 tablets, $275 & $300, which look nice but the 70 is already out of stock, and the 101 shipping date has been pushed back to December now.

If you can hold off another month or two, there's about to be a flood of new stuff, including a new version of the android OS announced. But if you are mainly looking for e-reading and are ok with 7 inches, there are options now.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
on the 7 inch front i have the haipad 701 - great tablet so far- Android 2.1, market access, i use skyfire which lets me play a number of flash videos from various sites, youtube. Resistive screen but i find it responsive - bought it for $160 through Eugo

for my uses it serves the purpose very well - gmail access, internet browsing, forum browsing (using tapatalk) watching youtube, facebook, twitter, e-reader (via nook app), and watching my movies (using rockplayer)

i like the 7 inch size cos it feels like a pocket book, easy to lug around, easy on the arm - i bought a nook case for it and it fits really well

What would you all recommend for someone. I would like the latest firmware possible and a 10 in screen. I will be using it mostly for internet browsing, ebooks and reading, and watching videos.

some features I thought would be important are bluetooth, flash, usb port

Last edited:

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
I got the zenithink zt-180 with the 10" screen under your price point, i did buy it in shanghai china. after looking on ebay there were better deals to be had then what i paid. i know with the 1020 firmware upgrade it has everything you will need

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
The Zenithink ZT-180 is probably the best choice for a 10" tablet under 200$. There are a few other alternatives, but most have a price over 200$. Still...the ZT-180 is rather good. If you want a 7"-8" tablet on the other hand, you have more alternatives to choose from. You can see a comparison between different android tablets at the link in my signature. It is categorized on screen size and you have all important specs there.

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
yes Zenithink ZT-180 is good and at this website it's selling only 175$
you can see the details.
Reference:
10.2-Inch Notebook Tablet PC, MID, UMPC, with 1GHz CPU, 256MB Memory - Android 2.1 10.2-Inch Notebook Tablet PC, MID, UMPC, with 1GHz CPU, 256MB Memory - Android 2.1 [sku2212] - US$174.85 : CES-shopping
hope is helps

setkeh

May 31, 2011
1 scored me a 10" superpad II flytouch 3 for $198 off ebay hasent arrived yet but i have a couple of mates with this tablet and they seem to preform well will be more than happy to answere questions when it arrives either tommorow or the day after :D

gunabcd

Jul 7, 2011
As of July 2011, that is the best tablet under 200, the current deal at Toys r us is : this tablet + $25 gift Cert for $179. The deal is until July 27th

androidguy

Jan 11, 2011
US based ElectronicDealz.com is selling a 512MB 4GB Android 2.2 10 inch SuperPad for $199 no taxes and free shipping. Its listed as a regular Superpad but my buddy recently got one and its the 2.2 512 MB 4GB. Apparently the SuperPads Electronic Dealz are selling are all Android 2.2 with 512MB and 4GB. Looks like a smoking deal.

SlimBoys

Oct 20, 2011
You can try buy amazon kindle fire....
smile.png

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
You can try buy amazon kindle fire....
smile.png

For $150 you can get a refurb Nook Color from Barnes and Noble (they sell them on eBay).

When rooted (very easy to do) the Nook Color is a great tablet: high res 7", Capacitive Screen, SD card expansion, etc.

In my opinion a rooted Nook color will still be better than the Amazon Fire because the Fire does not have an SDCard expansion (it relies on "cloud storage") and a rooted Nook is not locked into the Amazon "ecosystem"

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
My vote goes to the Cruz Reader R101 by Velocity, which you can get for around $100.