Best way to get apps on cruz devices.

Gravytub

May 8, 2011
Sadly we Cruz owners have no way of getting full market apps. Sure you can try to download market.apk but that never seems to function properly.

Now for all the new Cruz users out their, download Amazon Apps from the Cruz Market, create or sign into your account, and you have the best of the android market at your fingertips.

Hoping this helps, and also hoping someone doesn't make me look stupid,
Gravytub

bgthunda

Feb 22, 2011
Try applanet.net and appoke for great apps. They both downloadable markets. I didn't like Amazon's market

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

bgthunda

Feb 22, 2011
Also slideme is a good marketplace as well and of course freewarelovers. By trial and error I found tons of apps that work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Keep in mind applanet is a warez site, and the developers of the software get no compensation for their work and creativity. If this doesn't bother you, fine, but please this isn't the forum to promote those kind of things.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

ranman1

Jan 23, 2012
Tom T - please explain further. we use applanet frequently and its been the best source of apps for our cruz tablets. i don't understand what you are saying. I guess I am saying dumb it down to my level :confused:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Tom T - please explain further. we use applanet frequently and its been the best source of apps for our cruz tablets. i don't understand what you are saying. I guess I am saying dumb it down to my level :confused:

What I am saying is applanet is a warez site, not an alternative market. Many, if not most, of the apps they distribute are pirated. This means, and I'm not trying to pass judgement here, just explain, that in essence when you download a paid app for free from applanet you are, in the eyes of the law, stealing the app. This is just not the forum to discuss pirate sites or point users to them because this forum loses its value for what it is - the best community on the net to share and learn about Android. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

ranman1

Jan 23, 2012
Yes, thanks I guess I did not know what warez meant. And i did not know the legal issues there either so very much thanks for pointing that out.

pbensick

Feb 11, 2012
I bought this tablet for my daughter and, shame on me for not doing my research, but was upset to find out you couldn't download apps from the Android Market. I downloaded the Amazon Appstore app and started downloading games for her to play, but they all stall and won't download. It sounds lie everyone here has had success downloading from this source so any help would be appreciated.

dvsgrl

Dec 15, 2011
I have the Cruz t408 and have been having the same issues for several days. Up until this past week-end I had no problem downloading and installing apps from Amazon. I wonder if it is their issue rather than a problem with our tablets? I have sent an e-mail and will let you know how they respond.

Forgot to add that I have used getjar and had no problems downloading and installing some of the same apps that I tried from Amazon.

Received a reply from Amazon in less than an hour! Shock! My issue is taken care of now. So I would suggest contacting them as I don't know what tablet you have.

Last edited:

M4dH4TT3r

Jun 18, 2013
I buy these on ebay for 10-20 bucks the root them put clockwork mod on them and install a vm simcard, a web browser, and google play. It can be done just search the net a bit and youll get it

Gene Pfeiffer

Nov 23, 2014
Sadly we Cruz owners have no way of getting full market apps. Sure you can try to download market.apk but that never seems to function properly.

Now for all the new Cruz users out their, download Amazon Apps from the Cruz Market, create or sign into your account, and you have the best of the android market at your fingertips.

Hoping this helps, and also hoping someone doesn't make me look stupid,
Gravytub
RE: Cruz R102 -
Downloaded Amazon App to SD/1 card, re-inserted into tablet, opened Astro, navigated to SD/1, tapped Amazon App, tapped on Open Application File. Returned report in Details "Could not open as APK", yet The Amazon Apps file extension was .apk!
Any ideas?
Midnight Cowboy

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
RE: Cruz R102 -
Downloaded Amazon App to SD/1 card, re-inserted into tablet, opened Astro, navigated to SD/1, tapped Amazon App, tapped on Open Application File. Returned report in Details "Could not open as APK", yet The Amazon Apps file extension was .apk!
Any ideas?
Midnight Cowboy
Welcome to the forum

I think the problem is that you cannot install an app not authorized or designed for your tablet. The Amazon Store first needs to be able to see your tablet in order to install the app.

Gene Pfeiffer

Nov 23, 2014
Welcome to the forum

I think the problem is that you cannot install an app not authorized or designed for your tablet. The Amazon Store first needs to be able to see your tablet in order to install the app.
The Cruz tablet cannot install apps directly, while connected via Wi-Fi.
Manufacturer's directions require loading removable data card with item as covered above.
I did load the Amazon app directly into the tablet and it advised that it could not parce the file.
This Cruz tablet has been giving me ulcers for a year or more.
Just now, the tablet advised that there is no Wi-Fi connection.
It is in-process of scanning and is not showing any open network, while my Wi-Fi unit is operating within 30 inches away.
G-r-r-r!
Thanks for your come-back!
The future fix will, most likely, be an 8 pound sledgehammer.
Midnight Cowboy