[Black Pandigital] pandigital root help

grave

Jan 27, 2011
hey, i just picked up a pdn 7. i saw about rooting on here and have tried to find out everything that i can about it. however ive run into a snag.
all of the root threads and videos have covered the white pdn 7, i have a black pdn 7.
dont know if the black is just a canadian thing, but if someone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

OKNightOwl

Aug 3, 2011
hey, i just picked up a pdn 7. i saw about rooting on here and have tried to find out everything that i can about it. however ive run into a snag.
all of the root threads and videos have covered the white pdn 7, i have a black pdn 7.
dont know if the black is just a canadian thing, but if someone can clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

Go to the Pandigital Web Site - Click on the Android Update (http://www.pandigital.net) Click on the Firmware Update Available Banner on the Right. Click on the Appropriate Flag for the proper Country Configuration. About 1/3 of the way down the Next Page - Click on Click Here in the Click Here to learn more and to update your Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader. And Run the PC Updater App.

I forget right now, but you can either use the Pandigital Update and there is a Drop Down Arrow you can choose the "Polaris_Update.dat" to move to an Android type Mini Tablet.

Atkins

Aug 24, 2011
Only thing i didn't like with mine (canadian) is that it took the Kobo reader program away
But I do like the B&N reader it doesn't seem to want to load my covers though... might have to move the books over again