bluetooth keyboards

mikee

May 29, 2011
I am taking some writing classes in college atm and the classroom is too small to allow me space for my laptop so I was wanting to use a bluetooth keyboard like this one with my tab 2 7.0 to do writing. Are there certain ones that will work with the tab 2 7.0 or will any bluetooth keyboard work? Are there any in particular that do not work.

This is what I am thinking of getting.

Inland 70111 ProHT Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - 33ft. Range, Automatic Sleep Mode, On/Off Switch, LED Indicator, Silver at TigerDirect.com

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The one in that link should work just fine for typing and most any other blue tooth keyboard would as well.

mikee

May 29, 2011
ok so I got that keyboard I linked in my last post. It connects just fine and types but for some reason the backspace key doesn't behave as it should it doesn't backspace but if you highlight a section of text and hit it it will delete that text. how can I make the backspace key behave normally?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I never said it would do everything 100%:D Unfortunately there may not be a key mapping solution for en external keyboard. Unless the keyboard had said something about Android there may be a few things you can't do, like no back ot home specific keys. I go back as much as forward so I know the feeling. The only suggestion may be a combination like shift+backspace.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Should be under Language - Input. If not maybe someone else with a Tab 2 can help.

mikee

May 29, 2011
yeah I'm not seeing it under language and input there is nothing saying physical keyboards.