Bluetooth Question

WRONGonRED

Jun 20, 2013
Alright, I'm new to this forum so maybe this has been covered already (I did a search of the forum and nothing came up) but basically I'm trying to stream music from my tablet over the speakers in my car (2012 kia optima) via Bluetooth. I've had no problems doing with with a couple different android phones (samsung galaxy s2 & lg motion), but when I try to search for devices in the bluetooth settings on my tablet nothing shows up and it just times out. Is there a certain way to do this? I would assume you would be able to but I just can't figure it out! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I do not have a Lenovo Tablet, or a Kia Optima, but hate to ask the obvious question - did you go through the setup on your car to pair a new device? All cars with BT that I have ever driven (maybe 2 dozen including a few rental Kia cars in Korea) the BT is not visible by default, you need to go into enable this to pair the device.

WRONGonRED

Jun 20, 2013
I do not have a Lenovo Tablet, or a Kia Optima, but hate to ask the obvious question - did you go through the setup on your car to pair a new device? All cars with BT that I have ever driven (maybe 2 dozen including a few rental Kia cars in Korea) the BT is not visible by default, you need to go into enable this to pair the device.

Thanks for the response and as I stated in my OP, I have paired a couple android phones with the BT in my car so I am familiar with the process of how to do that. Pretty much you just go to the phone settings on the car's entertainment center (touch screen display) then go to pair device. Then it will give you a passcode that you can enter on your android device after finding the car's BT signal in the BT settings on your android device when you click it to set up the pairing. Pretty simple process.

The problem is that the car's BT doesn't show up on the tablet at all. I figured since this tablet has BT 3.0 and my phone's have the same that it would be just as easy to do. If I need to, I can post pictures for a more detailed explanation on what I do. But, I just figured it would be easier to ask if anybody else could connect the tablet to a car's BT first to make sure it is even possible.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for the response and as I stated in my OP, I have paired a couple android phones with the BT in my car so I am familiar with the process of how to do that. Pretty much you just go to the phone settings on the car's entertainment center (touch screen display) then go to pair device. Then it will give you a passcode that you can enter on your android device after finding the car's BT signal in the BT settings on your android device when you click it to set up the pairing. Pretty simple process.

The problem is that the car's BT doesn't show up on the tablet at all. I figured since this tablet has BT 3.0 and my phone's have the same that it would be just as easy to do. If I need to, I can post pictures for a more detailed explanation on what I do. But, I just figured it would be easier to ask if anybody else could connect the tablet to a car's BT first to make sure it is even possible.

I have never tried using my tablet on a cars bluetooth system but I do know this is possible with the A2109A.
I've seen it either here on these forums or the Lenovo Forums located here:

Lenovo Community - Lenovo Community

Heck I've even seen where one guy who had built it into his dashboard of his Ford in place of his OEM interface.
So yes it is possible.
It's just sometimes there's not an obvious or easy fix.
So you just have to keep looking and trying until you find a solution.

For example I've had my A2109A since Feb 2013 and have been looking for a way to gain /root access without all the hassle of unlocking the bootloader.
So I kept searching and searching and googling.
And last night I found the solution.

Just don't give up, And don't assume that this forum is dead just because "NO ONE ELSE" has an easy fix for you....
I've posted a lot here and never got an answer, And that includes the Lenovo Forums and any others as well.

You'll find we are friendly here, as long as you are....
I didn't say this to start a Flame War here. It's just that these people here have helped me out a lot and I kind of think of them as close friends.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is totally out of left field but is it possible that your car can only store x number of devices in the system and you have reached the limit?

WRONGonRED

Jun 20, 2013
This is totally out of left field but is it possible that your car can only store x number of devices in the system and you have reached the limit?

I've tried deleting them all and adding just the tablet but no luck.