Boot Verified Failed....HELP....

Jax

Jan 14, 2012
Ok, so I have 3 of the acer a500's and all 3 have gone through several updates, and one of them I am guessing was going through an update and my grandson shut it off.. (These belong to my grandkids)
I have tried to get it to boot up, even contacted acer support...WHAT A JOKE!! did I mention their support sucks???
Anyways, I found a topic where someone posted a link to download a file to put on my sd card and then to reboot from it.
I tried all that, but got no where..

The system was originally stuck on the main screen where the lock is, I could not get it to charge, or the touch screen to be recognized.

Can someone please help me so my grandkids can get back to playing while there here, instead of fighting over 2 of them with 3 kids lol
Thanks so much,
Jacque

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I would call Acer and get it replaced, that's your quickest route to a working tablet.

You could try the factory reset, you have nothing to lose at this point, but often if you turn it off while its is
updating you brick the tablet and have to take extreme measures to get it back. Most often if you aren't
into extreme hacking, warranty replacement is the best course.

Kids given a $400 dollar device have to be instructed to ask for help when they see anything
unusual like an update happening.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Ok, so I have 3 of the acer a500's and all 3 have gone through several updates, and one of them I am guessing was going through an update and my grandson shut it off.. (These belong to my grandkids)
I have tried to get it to boot up, even contacted acer support...WHAT A JOKE!! did I mention their support sucks???
Anyways, I found a topic where someone posted a link to download a file to put on my sd card and then to reboot from it.
I tried all that, but got no where..

The system was originally stuck on the main screen where the lock is, I could not get it to charge, or the touch screen to be recognized.

Can someone please help me so my grandkids can get back to playing while there here, instead of fighting over 2 of them with 3 kids lol
Thanks so much,
Jacque

The only possible way to fix this would be if you had Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) installed and it was accessible. You could then flash a working stock ROM and everything would be good. However, an update sometimes removes CWM anyways so even if you had installed it, the update you were attempting may have removed it.

I agree with Icebike and think that you may need to contact Acer and get it replaced/repaired under warranty. I am pretty sure that warranty should cover this, especially if you say that a kid did it accidently while you were not looking lol.

On a side note, I am noticing a lot of people reporting problems caused accidentally by kids!
I don't have any kids myself, but it just never occurred to me how careful you need to be with this stuff (technology) around kids. Lol

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

brucko

Feb 1, 2012
The only possible way to fix this would be if you had Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) installed and it was accessible. You could then flash a working stock ROM and everything would be good. However, an update sometimes removes CWM anyways so even if you had installed it, the update you were attempting may have removed it.

I agree with Icebike and think that you may need to contact Acer and get it replaced/repaired under warranty. I am pretty sure that warranty should cover this, especially if you say that a kid did it accidently while you were not looking lol.

On a side note, I am noticing a lot of people reporting problems caused accidentally by kids!
I don't have any kids myself, but it just never occurred to me how careful you need to be with this stuff (technology) around kids. Lol

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Luckily, not so.

Had identical problem. The update.zip files were likely for Android 3.1.

Try the one on this thread - use the mirror site.

Hope it works for you

BTW my 9yo son managed to turn mine off

A500 3.2 update is here.