Bought Witstech A81E..

newtabguy

Nov 13, 2010
Well I pulled the trigger and bought one. Hope it is what I am expecting.. Can't wait for it to get here...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have one, You should be happy. But that is me speaking. There is active firmware builds available by both the manufacturer and community support firmware on another site's forum. The latest FW build is 11/02. There are improvements which make a difference. The primary difference between the various FW versions are fixing features which should have been applied initially.
There are three things I would recommend.
1. Remove the silly rubber cover for the MicroSD slot. It will cause more frustration than help
2. Recognise it does not have a 3G sensor although it is prepped on the Motherboard
3. Be Patient with the integrated GPS if you got it. Registration of your location from the Satellite is slow

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
congratulations, I hope it fits your needs. Keep us updated, this is on tablet that is getting good reviews and seems awesome

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I'm very interested on your review of the G wits..... it was towards the top of my current list.

linda_bee

Nov 27, 2010
Ive been playing with my A81G for over a week now and i think its great.

The navigation is very snappy, web browsing is excellent as page load times are quick. The touch screen is also very sensitive and easy to use.

The only disadvantage ive noticed is that when you turn the speaker on at full volume the sound becomes a bit muffled so for max volume its best to be turned up to about 80%.

All in all its a fun little tablet and im extremely pleased with my purchase.

Playing with android and all the apps, you start to realise how much stuff there is out there to explore - the app style of installing and running programs just seems more fun and flexible than the way you run programs on a PC as it takes less than 10 seconds to install each one so youve always got something at hand, and best of all its free!

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
Of these one from alibaba and one from mp4nation. They are identical I believe but. The one from mp4 I had to at once update firmware. Not comfort. Doing that but got it working. Screen on this one will not auto rotate. Other one will. Live in Bangkok so do not mess with gps at all, do not then know if it works.
Do have fun with games that use the auto rotate, nice. Battery life stinks imho. Ordered extra battery 25 days ago not here, see no chance getting it either. Risky dealing with Chinese. Mp4nation good, euogo noway and alibaba is a crap shot, you mostly getting the crap.
I have now ordered 5 of these and do know a bit, at least ones that work good. The wits are decent, like being able to carry extra battery with me. Going to malls here, Thai's do love their phones, even the poor have damn phones. They generally like IT stuff.
Wits are decent, the moonse 7002 decent too.
Hope some of this helps?

I have just ordered the G model that has the new g-sensor Witstech A81G Android Tablet . I really wanted to be able rotate my tablet for ebook reading and am looking forward to having a play around with it when it arrives.

Last edited:

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
Hi,
How is the touch screen?
is it responsive, does it tend to mess up and have u tap accidently?
do u have to press hard or use your finger nail?
does it support multitouch
is it comfortable to hold with one hand like a book? or is it too heavy too thick?

is the screen 16:9 ratio long and thin or is it 4:3
thansk

davawt

Dec 14, 2010
Hi,
How is the touch screen?
is it responsive, does it tend to mess up and have u tap accidently?
do u have to press hard or use your finger nail?
does it support multitouch
is it comfortable to hold with one hand like a book? or is it too heavy too thick?

is the screen 16:9 ratio long and thin or is it 4:3
thansk

Hi there
Had mine a couple of weeks and works great, no multi touch as far as I can see, but screen is very responsive, you get a stylus with the device just clicks into the back it saves any mistakes, but can be used with finger no probs, you will need a Micro SD for storage of your files.
Great all round MID and when you get the Market sorted there are loads of FREE stuff to keep you happy, by the way it has a stand in the back that folds out but it is comfy to hold for book reading I use for my msic stuff (PDFs), great
Take care, Bye - All the Best for the NEW Year.
davawt

dundroid

Dec 5, 2010
thanks for the reply, seems like somebody is enjoying this year's vacation a bit more!
happy vacations to you too

viveks

Jan 14, 2011
I had mine last oct was working fine.. today it broke.. its crashing on me repeatedly...
somebody help....!!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What are the symptoms? In a similar situation with mine, I ended up with having to redo the firmware. It got foozled. and corrupt. No idea of the cause. it was a pain. But at least I did not have to go through the return process.

Chetmmorton

Jan 17, 2011
I have one, You should be happy. But that is me speaking. There is active firmware builds available by both the manufacturer and community support firmware on another site's forum. The latest FW build is 11/02. There are improvements which make a difference. The primary difference between the various FW versions are fixing features which should have been applied initially.
There are three things I would recommend.
1. Remove the silly rubber cover for the MicroSD slot. It will cause more frustration than help
2. Recognise it does not have a 3G sensor although it is prepped on the Motherboard
3. Be Patient with the integrated GPS if you got it. Registration of your location from the Satellite is slow

Hi, I am a non techie. What do you mean in #2 that it does not have a 3G sensor although it is prepped on the motherboard?

Thanks, Chet

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
If you opened it up. The early A81-E series had the solder points on the Motherboard for a 3G sensor. They added it on the units sold in Late November/Early December.
Thus there are A81-E without 3G sensors and A81-E/G with 3G sensors.

Mikeharvey

Jan 27, 2011
I keep hearing people mention it but Im not sure If I can do it. how do i update the firmware?

I cant get the usb to work. anyone else experiance this?