Brand new Galaxy Tablet owner and Archos user

Gpurrs

Dec 23, 2010
Hi there, allow me to introduce myself --- I'm new to forums, new to android and very new to tablets.

I just purchased the Rogers Samsung Galaxy Tablet a couple of days ago and did the most outrageous thing to it ever. In my haste to boot up and start playing with it, I inserted my Rogers cellphone sim card into the "sim card" slot --- yes you heard right! I am so embarrassed and humiliated, I can't believe I'm even telling you all this. Naturally if I had had my glasses on, I would've noticed that it was too small for the slot to begin with. Not only have I now lost my card inside the new tablet, I've lost all my important info for my cellphone!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? That's like having a 2 yr. old try and stick a slice of bread into a vhs player (ok now I'm dating myself). This is sooooo depressing, I just blew $700!

Please don't lay into me -- I'm already sad and haven't a clue what to do now.

Anyway, its nice to be on here and read all the technical jargin -- learning tons --albeit a tad late! :(

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
welcome to the forum and to android i would go to a rogers store and see if they can help you. if not you can try and take it apart yourself

Gpurrs

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks probbiethe1 - I'll give that a try after Christmas when the lineups have died down. I have knots in my stomach over this --- wish I would've at least purchased the warranty!