Brand New Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

superdutyfan

Sep 6, 2012
have received our two new galaxy note 10.1 GT-N8000. It uses the same frequencey for 3G ans Telus Mobility but it will not connect to the internet with the new sim cards. I can make voice calls and send text messeges with it but when I try to connect to the internet it says " Cannot conect check connection settings " It will connect with WiFi . Can anyone help me with this issue. When I first connected it it was working but when I deslected the mobile connection I can not get it working. but the mobile conections is now highlighted green. since it was new I tried a factory reset and still will not connect. But if I am able to make calls and send text messeges everything should be setup properly right ?? neither tablet will connect to the internet with sim card only WiFi.

Thanks Terry

superdutyfan

Sep 6, 2012
It was to simple but took to long. after over any hr of trouble shooting and factory resets etc this is what was done to fix it .

In mobile networks go into apn
create a new apn
give it a name ( I used ISP TELUS )
then under APN put isp.telus.com
leave everything else the same do not change anything.

save the new apn and make it the default apn (green dot on the right)

as soon as i did this and i went to the home screen i saw a new icon in the bottom right H+ with up and down grey arrows which were not there before.

Must say thanks to telus support.

Tablets do not use just sp.telus.com they said that is for billing purposes on cell phones tablets use isp.telus.com .

So i hope this helps anyone.

All Samsung would say is they do not support equipment bought on amazon.com