Brand new user - Eken M001

Jam The Man

Apr 25, 2011
Hi all,

Many apologies if i'm in the wrong forum, but i've stumbled across this site and it seems to be knowledgeable!

I've just acquired the Eken M001 Tablet and am having many frustrations.

1.We don't seem to be able to download anything from the apps store - plus it's ALL in Chinese

2.We've run a firmware upgrade and it's not taken at all (downloaded via the SD card)

3.We've downloaded the Amazon App for Android and we are getting a message that says the app is not available in this area (Sussex UK)... again via the SD card.

HELP! I really am a novice and would appreciate any help at all..

boesman01

Apr 25, 2011
Oh no Jam The Man! I also ordered a new tablet from a Chinese vendor and am still awaiting delivery. Hopefully mine is not all in Chinese! Must be very frustrating!

I am sure that someone from this site who has experience with the Eken M001 device will be around soon to offer you some advice. Do not give up. Google some more and post your solutions if/when you get them.

Good luck.

Jam The Man

Apr 25, 2011
Oh no Jam The Man! I also ordered a new tablet from a Chinese vendor and am still awaiting delivery. Hopefully mine is not all in Chinese! Must be very frustrating!

I am sure that someone from this site who has experience with the Eken M001 device will be around soon to offer you some advice. Do not give up. Google some more and post your solutions if/when you get them.

Good luck.

Thanks mate!

davedorm

Apr 26, 2011
Hope you get it all worked out. I, too, bought the Eken M001 a short time ago. I am just now getting used to using it. I was able to "root" it and install a different ROM from the SD card without too much difficulty. But I also have a lot to learn. Keep us posted.

Jam The Man

Apr 25, 2011
Hope you get it all worked out. I, too, bought the Eken M001 a short time ago. I am just now getting used to using it. I was able to "root" it and install a different ROM from the SD card without too much difficulty. But I also have a lot to learn. Keep us posted.

Hi there..

Where did you get the different ROM from?