Bricked MID9042 and recovery issue

Marhra

May 19, 2013
Hello,
I recently purchased a Kyros mid9042 tablet as a gift for my wife, that I successfully rooted (the tablet, not my wife...), with CWM, and installed gapps
During process, I made a dump. Two, in fact : first before installing gapps, an a second one after.

Then, I tried to install apps from Play store : my device is not compatible... they said.

So I tried to restore with my first dump. It said : "Installation successful".

Then trouble begin : I have a boot loop, with COBY logo still on the screen, no USB connection. CWM starts, but I can't update nothing at all : update or recovery. It always says "No such files found" or it starts installation, then abort. I tried with my own dumps, then with different ROMs found in this forum. Same issues.:mad:

Add to this that there is no back option in CWM menu AND no physical back button on the device....:confused:

Has anyone any suggestion before I try to see if it flies from the 4th floor ?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,
I recently purchased a Kyros mid9042 tablet as a gift for my wife, that I successfully rooted (the tablet, not my wife...), with CWM, and installed gapps
During process, I made a dump. Two, in fact : first before installing gapps, an a second one after.

Then, I tried to install apps from Play store : my device is not compatible... they said.

So I tried to restore with my first dump. It said : "Installation successful".

Then trouble begin : I have a boot loop, with COBY logo still on the screen, no USB connection. CWM starts, but I can't update nothing at all : update or recovery. It always says "No such files found" or it starts installation, then abort. I tried with my own dumps, then with different ROMs found in this forum. Same issues.:mad:

Add to this that there is no back option in CWM menu AND no physical back button on the device....:confused:

Has anyone any suggestion before I try to see if it flies from the 4th floor ?

Are you sure you made dumps, the way your post reads is you didn't make a dump, you made a backup with cw recovery. But if you did indeed make a dump how did you restore it?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Android Tablet

Marhra

May 19, 2013
Oh yes, I did dumps : I followed step by step the Traveleer's topic (READ FIRST: Development Index and Root Utility), and I do have a zip file with boot.img, bootloader.img, recovery.img and system.tgz.

Same for restore attempts, I followed the same thread : start with CW, then selected
"Choose the zip file to install" option and choose my dump on SD. The one and only thing I didn't follow is the "reboot system now" stuff, because without back option in CW and no physical back key on the tab, I couldn't navigate to it... So I pressed Power a few seconds, till it shut down.
Then trouble occurred. Normal boot always freeze on Coby logo.

I tried to find how to fix in this forum, also here and there on others, but it seems to me that 9042 appears in few threads.
It may happens I didn't understand one thing or another. I'm french after all and I don't practice English as much as I should.

I think my last option is to send my tab back to Coby and pay for them to fix it.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Oh yes, I did dumps : I followed step by step the Traveleer's topic (READ FIRST: Development Index and Root Utility), and I do have a zip file with boot.img, bootloader.img, recovery.img and system.tgz.

Same for restore attempts, I followed the same thread : start with CW, then selected "Choose the zip file to install" option and choose my dump on SD. The one and only thing I didn't follow is the "reboot system now" stuff, because without back option in CW and no physical back key on the tab, I couldn't navigate to it... So I pressed Power a few seconds, till it shut down.
Then trouble occurred. Normal boot always freeze on Coby logo.

I tried to find how to fix in this forum, also here and there on others, but it seems to me that 9042 appears in few threads.

I think my last option is to send my tab back to Coby and pay for them to fix it.

You can't install a dump like that, a dump must be installed via adb command line.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...recovery-coby-allwinner-via-command-line.html

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Android Tablet

Last edited:

Marhra

May 19, 2013
No way, then : no boot, no USB connection with my PC...:(

Worst of all : I'm not a Linux Guy. It may fly tonight, after all.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You might be able to get into recovery via hard keys, if so you should be able to wipe data and get tablet to boot.

or while in recovery use above instructions to install your dump via adb.