Browsers slow tablet to a crawl

kshane

Aug 16, 2014
Hello All!

I currently have a RCA Pro10 (RCT6103W46) 10" tablet. I have owned several "off-brand" tablets and all seem to suffer the same issue: when the browser is used, the tablet slows to an absolute crawl! ALL have done the same. Doesn't matter what browser. I use Dolphin, but also have the default Android browser and Chrome. I expect some issues using cheap tablets, but not what I have experienced with the browsers. I use memory managers, but only when I find resources near rock-bottom. It really only makes a minor difference if I free up resources.

Any info would help. Can't afford the high dollar tablets for now. So, I'm stuck with cheapies. I have always built my own PCs, but tablets... Stuck with store-boughts.

Thanks!

Kevin

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You are probably being hampered by the processor and there may not be much you can do about it. However, it may be that you could tune your router some and that could make a difference. I have some tips in a link in my signature that may help.

With that said if you suffer the same problem at a public hotspot, you're pretty much stuck with what you have.

kshane

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks, leeshor. I kinda figured it was the nature of the beast with going cheap. So, I will be using my PC to do Internet stuff. Takes way too long to use my tablet on the 'net...

Kevin