calendar and contacts

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I have rooted and installed the Market & Gmail, etc. Is there a way to get calendar and contacts to sync with Gmail? I'm using Gmail's custom domains hosting and my phone sync's via ActiveSync but I have no calendar and contacts app on the Kyros. I like using Jorte, but of course, again no gmail calendar for it to work with...

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
first download calender and contacts apps and then see if they sync with your gmail

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Thanks genius<sigh>... anyone have any *real* suggestions or recommendations?

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

denniston

Dec 19, 2010
Bump

I have rooted and installed Google App Marketplace on my mid7015, but really need the google calendar application. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

denniston

Dec 19, 2010
So I found this thread, and tried to install the calendar.apk they have posted there, but I think it's for a different version of android. It seemed to install fine, but when I open it, it gives me a error:
"sorry! The appliaction Calendar (process com.android.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Is it possible for someone to upload the calendar.apk for android 2.1?

Thanks

Here's the original thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=553193

Last edited:

denniston

Dec 19, 2010
Did you install google apps via rooting your COBY or did you try and install gmail and market only. Gapps has it all. Follow this process to root your COBY:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-android-market-clockworkmod-recovery.html

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I followed the instructions found in post #111 on that thread. I thought that it was basically the same thing only a little simplified. Do these two methods yield different results?

LINK to actual post: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...arket-clockworkmod-recovery-12.html#post27250

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
So far, I don't think anyone has found a way to get these working on the Coby. As I mentioned in another thread, SnapCal will sync -- partially -- with Google Calendar but, in my case, it syncs everything in my secondary calendars and only about 10% in my main calendar (which, of course, contains most of my entries).

It seems to me there's a real problem here, and almost makes me wonder if we need to install an entirely new ROM to get this device working as it should.

kmax04

Feb 25, 2011
I ended up just bookmarking Google Calendar and adding the shortcut to my home page. Not ideal, but it works for now until there's a useful app that syncs with Google calendar.

code347

Feb 4, 2011
I have not been ble to find a workable solutions...except...Calengoo. It is a paid app, and it comes with widgets...it pushes to and from the google calender with no issues..

CorpTaggart

Feb 11, 2011
So I found this thread, and tried to install the calendar.apk they have posted there, but I think it's for a different version of android. It seemed to install fine, but when I open it, it gives me a error:
"sorry! The appliaction Calendar (process com.android.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Is it possible for someone to upload the calendar.apk for android 2.1?

Thanks

Here's the original thread:
Default Android Calendar - xda-developers

You also have to have CalendarProvider.apk in order for the calendar to work. Maybe you don't have that ?