Calendar Sync, Gmail Accounts Sync, and the New and Improved ICS

romeroom

Sep 11, 2012
About 3 months ago I purchased a 7" tablet with Android 2.2 operating system. Setting it up to sync and view all my calendars and the various folders of my Gmail account was effortless and flawless. In fact, all I had to do was enter my Gmail address, and the rest took care of itself. It was a thing of beauty.

I was overjoyed when I received an 8" tablet with ICS 4.0.3 just last week. I added my Gmail address as an account and, well, no calendar sync. Nothing that I did seemed to be able to duplicate the calendar experience I had with 2.2. After hours of experimenting, searching, and factory resets, I discovered the only way to partially solve my issues was to remove the email address and re-configure it with the Corporate setup option. When I did that, I was able to suddenly sync Calendar and Email. However, the only syncing that took place was a single, main calendar and a main Inbox from my Gmail account (no IMAP folders).

So, is this it? I must be missing something...I know I am. I have a hard time believing that the setup simplicity associated with an earlier version the android operating system has been replaced by...who knows what.

I would appreciate it if any of you experts out there could simply point me in the direction where I can setup all my Google calendars to sync and full functionality of the native email client to view all my mailboxes. Thanks.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the foirum

I'm not 100% certain that this is an answer but the calendar portion can only sync with one, (the primary) calendar.

IMAP should work, so if your other folders are not showing up I'm clueless.

romeroom

Sep 11, 2012
Welcome to the foirum

I'm not 100% certain that this is an answer but the calendar portion can only sync with one, (the primary) calendar.

IMAP should work, so if your other folders are not showing up I'm clueless.

Thanks for sharing your input. I can setup and additional/identical email address using IMAP protocol and get the folders I need. If I do that alone, no calendars will sync.

Again, setting it up as a Corportate Gmail account gets me the calendar sync, but only one. With Android 2.2 I could choose which calendars to sync. Boggles my mind why the makers of ICS 4.0 would eliminate that functionality.