Cambridge Sciences G Wafer 8GB....locked out and need Hard Reset sequence

dwingfield

Aug 9, 2012
I have a Cambridge Sciences G Wafer 8GB....I'm locked out and need Hard Reset sequence. I know it has a reset pinhole...this just restarts it, buttons-wise it has a volume and on/off.., I have tried every variation I can think of but I may be getting the timings wrong?

I have also loaded Adb...but being a novice it is not what you'd call intuitive, and i've not yet managed to connect the tablet to the PC...something to do with USB drivers?

Any suggestion on how to hard / master reset (not worried about data) much appreciated

Humwaw

Aug 17, 2012
I have Cambridge Sciences 7" M711, black front, white back. When power button pressed all startup progress stops at a screen saying Android. reset button returns to same screen. Here is how I fixed it..obviously make sure the device has plenty of battery power and take precautions for static discharge when working with electronics and please apply plenty of common sense as you are ultimately responsible for your own actions. You will need a USB adapter to be able to attach a keyboard.
Insert thumbnail or similar between the black and white casing in order to split the case into its 2 halves, be carefull because the 2 speaker wires are attached to the white casing and to the motherboard on the black casing but there is enough room to comfortably separate the two. With the casing open you should see a small circuit board which is held by 4 screws. Remove the screws and gently pull the board away from the case. on the side of the board that you now have access to there are 3 press switches which roughly correspond to the touch pad front.
Attach the USB adapter and keyboard..locate the power on button on the circuit board and (if we assume the power button is on the top) the button that is the lowest of the 3 that you have just gained access to. Press and hold both buttons until you have the screen with the android recovery manager menu, if all you see is the robot then press the middle one of the new buttons you have revealed. Use the up/down on the keyboard to select reset or whichever you want and then press enter. The tablet should reset, you can then power it down, disconnect the keyboard and reassemble the tablet. If the manufacturer put a little more thought into it I'm sure they could have made it even more inconvenient to perform a reset.
This solution came to me this morning in a dream and I now have a working tablet.
If this solution works for you please donate something to an open source project of your choice.