Can I plug a Sprint phone into the Iconia for internet?

TabletNewb

Dec 4, 2011
Is there a Sprint phone that I can connect to my Acer Iconia with a USB cable to use the internet on the Iconia? I don't want to pay extra for that service since I already pay out the butt for phone service. I would like for my wife to be able to play on the tablet while we are on the highway, and it's time for a phone upgrade. I also don't want to root anything. It will be hard to leave the Blackberry world. :(

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
There's a way to do it without the usb cable. You will need to be running honeycomb on the tablet. First thing you'll need is to download the app called honeycomb bluetooth teether on the tablet from android market. Next you'll need to download the foxfi on your sprint phone. If it happens to be a htc phone you'll have to use the bluetooth connection in foxfi as htc has blocked it in the phones. I can't comment on how it works with wifi cause I have a htc evo and have to use the bluetooth mode. It does work pretty good for me.

I'm going to explain how to turn on and use the bluetooth connection. Open the foxfi app on the phone and start the bluetooth connection. It'll take a sec while it verifies internet connection. It should then ask if you want make the bluetooth discoverable, click yes. Next you'll open the app on the tablet. Mine is called PdaNet tablet. It will give you instructions on the screen when you open the app. You hit set proxy and it'll open your proxy connections on your phone. The instructions should tell you to set the proxy to something like 127.0.0.1 and the port to 1234. Once you do that it will let you tap in the middle of the screen to discover devices. It will start to pair the bluetooth. Next it should ask you if you want pair the device on the phone and the tablet. Click yes and they'll pair. You should then be able to use your market, email, web browser and anything else that needs internet.

Hope this all helps. Lots of typing on a tablet.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum