Can not get WIFI service on my Galaxy 10.1 tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich

pwhitson

May 20, 2012
About18 months ago I rooted my Samsung Epic 4 and have had no problems using it as a hot spot for my computers.
Last Friday after much debate I decided that I would purchase a tablet and selected the new Galaxy 10.1 with Ice Cream Sandwich. The problem is that the
Tablet does NOT see the WIFI signal from the Epic 4. I went back to Best Buy and they too could not get it to work even on another Samsung Tablet. I then walked over to the IPAD display and was able to find the WIFI single from the EPIC 4 on the IPAD 3. So I believe there is something within Ice Cream Sandwich that is blocking the WIFI signal from my phone. The Geek Squad recommended that I use a different WIFI app. The one that I have been using that works GREAT is "Wireless Tether" 2.0.7. I tried several other WIFI apps with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? If not I will be forced to return the Android tablet and purchase the Apple. :(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I believe the issue is that most ICS tablets cannot see ad-hoc access points.

You could always try a bluetooth tether (I am pretty sure both of your devices support bluetooth). I have also heard a few people using FoxFi to tether with decent luck.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
You might try posting in the Galaxy Tab 2 section. This is for the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 which does not yet have ICS.