Can`t download paid apps on Nexus 10

CameronWright

Dec 25, 2012
Hi,
Just got my Google Nexus 10 today but have been unable to download any paid apps because the Play Store has refused to accept my password even after multiple attempts. I have changed my password several times today to check but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing you changed the PW on the WEB site. If so you may want to delete the Google account on your Nexus, restart then add the account back in. You could also try going to all apps under setting and find the Store app, tap it and tell it to clear cache and data, force close and restart.

CameronWright

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately neither of those strategies has done anything to change the situation.

Cheers, Cameron

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately neither of those strategies has done anything to change the situation.

Cheers, Cameron

Pretty strange. Can you log into the Store with your WEB browser? If it really is a password issue one of the things I suggested certainly should have worked. Since it's Google branded, as a last resort you could call the support line.

CameronWright

Dec 25, 2012
I have been able to purchase apps from my phone before without any bother in the past. Do I need to change any settings now that I have a new device?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have been able to purchase apps from my phone before without any bother in the past. Do I need to change any settings now that I have a new device?

I'm assuming you're using the same account on your tablet? Some phone apps won't be available or may not install if they weren't also designed to work on a tablet.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
Does your account was on previous android device? I had issue once when I use to keep changing account which locked on my previous device, causing Google to block any transaction of purchasing apps. Do check with Google if you got block.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

CameronWright

Dec 25, 2012
Yes I am using the same account on my phone as my tablet. However, I am currently unable to check if paid apps can be downloaded on my phone right now because it has been sent away so that a manufacturing fault can be fixed. It should be back within a few days time so I can check. I shall have another scour the internet and see if I can find a contact email address or phone number.