Can the Wifi 4.0 and 5.0 get there sub-forum?

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I just ordered the Samsung Galaxy wifi 5.0 and am pumped. I was wondering if a mod could make a sub-forum for them.

Thanks!

Anyone else getting one / have one?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
+1 for a Galaxy S WiFi subforum.

As you can see see from my sig, I am using my 5.0 WiFi to type this (that's the official Samsung device model mumber below). Just received it from Woot a little over a day ago and am loving it. Have its big brother the Sprint 7" Galaxy tab and I think they make a killer duo. Tether it to my Sprint WiFi hotspot when on the go. Especially easier to deal with than either my phone (screen/onscreen keyboard too small) or the Galaxy Tab (requires large,bulky car mount) in my vehicle. Also the native audio player app auto Eq/bluetooth stack on the WiFi 5.0 provides superior audio (higher godelity/less BT dropouts) vs the SGT 7" when played through my car's audio system. 2GB internal app storage memory + Froyo Apps2SD storage to the remaining 5+GB of internal "SD" storage means I haven't come close to maxing out app storage on this puppy. All multimedia resides on a dedicated 32GB microSD card I supplied myself. Loving it so far.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Android Tablet Forum

karl_angel0

Sep 26, 2011
+1 too for a subform for this device..I really want the voodoo control for this device!!!And Custom roms too.. :)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
FWIW The Woot version of the Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 came with Froyo 2.2.1 - but the soon to be released US version will have Gingerbread 2.3.5. Someone must have been dumping stock in anticipation of the Gingerbread release. Despite this, I love my Woot Galaxy S WiFi 5, especially since it was priced at $100 less than the list price US GB version. Hoping an official or unofficial GB update soon after the US release, but I can live with Froyo if necessary.

Sent from my SPH-P100

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I was wondering if a mod could make a sub-forum for them.

No promises, but I'll see what I can do for you. If I get it, guess who I'll ask to help me move the appropriate posts into it.:cool:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I waited too long to get on off of woot. I ordered mine off of amazon.

Is there any way you can cancel that order? The versions being officially released in US in mid-October will have Gingerbread 2.3.5 vice 2.2.2 that resellers are offering now. FWIW.

Sent from my SPH-P100

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
+1 on the sub-forum. Im rooted and am loving this little tab. Hopefully we get cwm and a cyanogen port soon. My gtablet has been fun but this is perfect for travel.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
+1 on the sub-forum. Im rooted and am loving this little tab. Hopefully we get cwm and a cyanogen port soon. My gtablet has been fun but this is perfect for travel.

What method did you use to root it?

Sent from my SPH-P100

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I used superoneclick v2.1.1 from the xda forum. I also found the proper drivers from there as well. I can't paste a link right now from my phone but google "rooting galaxy 5.0 wifi"...you'll find it easily. Don't forget to turn usb debugging on if you do it.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

dgaj

Dec 19, 2010
Any chance we could revisit this request? BestBuy is carrying these now and it would be great to have a place to discuss these devices exclusively.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Android Tablet Forum