Can you convince me in buying a Motorola Xoom?

En28so

Dec 12, 2010
I was at BB the yesterday and played with text Xoom and the ipad 2. The Xoom for some reason felt lagy and slow with jerky transitions, while the ipad felt fast and smooth. I hope there was something wrong with this display model but it's for my wife anyways. She definitely liked the ipad better so I guess that's what we're getting in 3 months. We have netflix too so that would be a smooth integration. Unless something else comes along with android that can play nice with netflix like the asus transform maybe?

akpo10

Mar 30, 2011
So my last experience with Motorola was so bad I would never buy from them again - specifically when my Motorola Phone needed firmware/ software updates I had to register on the Motorola site (reasonable) then they interrogated the device and told me - since it was OUT OF WARRANTY I was excluded from updates. Dell, Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung even Apple don't do this. So no more MotoRolledMe devices for me!

As for Tablets - I love the Samsung Galaxy phones and Tab - awaiting the new 7" Tab (I am a guy so want it in my jacket pocket) with Android 3.0 and will tether it to my HTC Thunderbolt - I don't want 2 wireless plans. 10" is too big - like a slim Laptop - 7" is really legible and portable. And best of all - Apple or Motorola restrictive policies to deal with!

Joker

Mar 29, 2011
I know there are some issues out there concerning the xoom but after picking one'up I have been very impressed in the functin, speed and reliability of the OS. I do admit they are a bit pricey and they need to get a good spell-checker but in my limited experience, I have found several uses that I now conside a tablet with it's function a must have. Photos are great, reading documents including excel files with ease and without lugging my laptop around. (Priceless) I spend a lot'of time on the roadsofor'me this is a dream come'true. There are a few items that I still need to work out but I like working through the issues.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Went to look at a Wifi Xoom at Staples this weekend. REALLY didn't care for the external dimensions.

when held in portrait mode it just looks and feels, well, ODD. I know that with the placement of the front camera they expect people to be using it in landscape mode for the most part, and that's fine for those that wish to do that. But me, it would really be multi tasking, including doing duty as an ereader, and it just doesnt' look or feel right in portrait mode, which means double handing it all of the time. Not for me.

As to WiFi only models of this or anything else, I just don't get it. If you want something to just use around your house I guess it's okay, but a really expensive toy. But I want something where I can connect all of the time, without the bother and additional cost of tethering, or paying for another data plan.

Which is why I still luvs me my Huawei S7. STILL the only tab out there that you can slip your sim into, have 3G access and not have to pay for an additoinal data plan.

At least until my Adam shows up. Assuming it ever does, LOL

Which is

Last edited:

georgiboy

Apr 22, 2011
The G Tab is ALOT SLOWER. The screen is brilliant but you want Honeycomb. And don't sleep on VZW 4G service. It blows away other carriers so called 4g. When it launches in your area (a d it will before you buy another device) you will be happy you have a Xoom