Everything you wanted to know about the Motorola Xoom

jonboy1969

Dec 13, 2010
I was hoping FLAC support would be standard on these 10" tablets, so it's disappointing that the XOOM, being one of the heavyweights, does not have it. Sure hope the Toshiba one does.

And what about the Galaxy 10" Tab? I haven't seen any word on that other than months ago when it was planned...have they shown this at CES?

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
No Galaxy Tab at CES. I don't see why they need to if it is just a bigger 7" Galaxy. They are probably going to release it when Honeycomb is released as a software update.

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
Specs sound fantastic,.. I'd hope they'd keep the price down,... by the time you pay that much, you may as well buy another laptop or desktop. The masses are buying low price and hacking their way to getting what they want for less.

darkprime

Jan 8, 2011
$599 off contract, $399 with contract (2 year).

Motorola wants this to be cheaper than the IPAD. The cheapest model you can get from Apple is $499 (wifi). The IPAD was priced competitively, but I think competitors would except lower margins and could sell the same thing for $100 less. However, the significantly higher specs of the XOOM (wifi only) should bump it back to $500. Since the Xoom will not be wifi only at launch, the 3G (and later 4G) radios will have an extra $100 bump, bringing us to $600 ($599 to trick people). Since it will be higher priced than the cheapest IPAD, Verizon can play mind games with people and offer them it for $200 off on contract, make $399 seem awesome for this device (forgetting that a monthly data plan is required).

I for one still think this is a bargain at $599 off contract.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I agree that their prices will drop, but because Galaxy came out at that price, I think XOOM would be worth a little more at release date.
Obviously I am praying that it is lower rahter than higher =P

Oct 18, 2010
I'm wondering if you can print directly to network or wifi printers from this tablet? I havn't been able to find much info about printing from andriod. I saw the PrintShare app, but it sounds like the free version prints watermarks on your document and the premium version is a monthly charge.

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
Yup very excited to get the Wi-Fi version. Seeing the demo video of them actually using 3.0 and seeing all the specs, I'm definitely buying the Xoom. I hope it's got a stock Honeycomb build and not some fancied up crap like the stuff that comes on most phones and tablets.