Everything you wanted to know about the Motorola Xoom

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
$599 off contract, $399 with contract (2 year).

Motorola wants this to be cheaper than the IPAD. The cheapest model you can get from Apple is $499 (wifi). The IPAD was priced competitively, but I think competitors would except lower margins and could sell the same thing for $100 less. However, the significantly higher specs of the XOOM (wifi only) should bump it back to $500. Since the Xoom will not be wifi only at launch, the 3G (and later 4G) radios will have an extra $100 bump, bringing us to $600 ($599 to trick people). Since it will be higher priced than the cheapest IPAD, Verizon can play mind games with people and offer them it for $200 off on contract, make $399 seem awesome for this device (forgetting that a monthly data plan is required).

I for one still think this is a bargain at $599 off contract.
We'll see if it's a bargain once the other tablets come out. I don't think it's much of a bargain, and if it was between the 600 dollar Xoom and the 500 dollar ipad, I would go with the ipad. If the Xoom was 450 off contract then I would consider it.

ZeroFail

Oct 29, 2010
Already have Verizon (Droid X) so I hope there is no additional cost for me to add to plan. Around $500 would be nice, especially if they want to match the Galaxy Tab price point.

scribble

Jan 3, 2011
If it is truely capable of outputting 1080p thats impressive. My evo cant seem to do 720p without coming out of sync with the audio..