can't connect android to PC

gmajody51

Feb 6, 2011
I see that I should be able to connect to pc by using my USB cable. When I try this it wants me to install using a software disc? I have no such thing? HELP

sallyburger

Feb 8, 2011
I have the Android 2.1 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-7" TFT and I am having problems opening/downloading pdf documents. I opened a email that has an attached pdf document, but when I attempt to download the file, the system says that the file cannot be opened or download. How can I access pdf files?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I see that I should be able to connect to pc by using my USB cable. When I try this it wants me to install using a software disc? I have no such thing? HELP

Without knowing which tablet you have I can't answer this for sure, but try looking at the notification area on your tablet, you should see a flashing symbol like an exclamation mark. Click this and allow your tablet to mount as USB, then you should be able to see it as a drive on your pc. Otherwise your PC is looking for the proper USB driver.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have the Android 2.1 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-7" TFT and I am having problems opening/downloading pdf documents. I opened a email that has an attached pdf document, but when I attempt to download the file, the system says that the file cannot be opened or download. How can I access pdf files?

First, it is poor etiquette to "hijack" someone elses post to ask your question. Next time please start a new thread. Second, you need to have a PDF reader installed on your tablet, just as you need a separate app to read PDF files on your PC. I would recommend something Like DocsToGo Free Version, or the Adobe PDF reader, both of which are either available from the Market or they can be found as APK files and sideloaded to your tablet.

sallyburger

Feb 8, 2011
My appologies pbrauer. This is my first time on the site and I thought I was starting a new thread. I appreciate you responding bc I have been quite fustrated with this. I downloaded PDF reader and it still doesn't work. Per your suggestion, I will down load Docstogo and see if this works. Now after I download the software, so I copy the pdf file to my table or just open the email then click on the attachment?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You should be able to just click your attachment and it will load for you. If docstogo does not work, try quickoffice.

tablet

Feb 9, 2011
Probably, you have forgot to mention the model of tablet. Probably, it's asking you to first install the PC suite via disc or I am not sure what it is asking to do via software disc? Can you please mention in a little detail which tablet are you using, what's the problem and in case any error is coming up mention that as well. A disc image can however be downloaded from internet or may also be available on android website as well. interactive intelligence

Last edited: